Seemingly Perma-sick Lady Gets a New Outlook

Hello! My name's Christine. I am in my late 20's, and have finally passed the point where I can't just eat whatever I want with no adverse effects, ha. I've had too many health problems crop up recently. So, I am making a transition in my life: eat healthy, feel healthy. That includes regular exercise - goal is 20 minutes per day of some sort of moderate cardio activity (to start).

I've been very sick for about 5 months, now.

Doctors are still trying to pinpoint what exactly is wrong. I've been misdiagnosed, given medications that make it worse, put on a diet that made my adrenals quit working, and then put on another diet in which I have to make my own food (meaning from scratch, including bone broth, yogurt, almond milk, coconut water/milk, almond/coconut flour... it takes it's toll). I'm taking so many doctor-ordered supplements that I feel like an old lady. I'm only 27 and right in the correct weight range for my height!

I had to drop out of college because my energy levels dropped so low that I couldn't concentrate, and then my new boss said they couldn't let me take any more sick days or leave early from work, so they fired me (although they are willing to hire me back as soon as I fix my health problems). My fiance remarked on how irritable and depressed I seem (all due to adrenal failure).

I've been told it's all in my head by one very nasty Allopathic doc who refused to test me for anything, given treatment and supplements without the confirmation of medical tests by a nice naturopathic intern, and pitied by friends and family.

I'm through waiting for the professionals to step up their game. It's up to me to fix my body and that's what I'm going to do.

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    I am glad that you are taking your health into your own hands, but I wish that the doctors could finally find out what is making you so ill. I've gone to emergency rooms for years for chest pain and sent home wish ambiguous diagnosis of unknown origins. One day I finally had a heart attack and had to have open heart surgery. My point is that you need to keep pursuing a diagnosis. It is not all in your head. I hope that they can find out what's wrong.