When do you stop eating??

Options
Sorry if this has been asked a million times but i'm new :) At what point in the evening do you cut off eating. I've always enjoyed late evening snacks and find it hard to curb the 9pm itch. Thanks!

Replies

• startheory
    Options
    I stop eating after dinner. If I HAVE to have a snack, I make it no later than 7pm.. It was so hard in the beginning.. Now I go to bed hungry every night. I somehow learned to ignore it..
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I dont. The body knows not what time it is. Eat when youre hungry. Dont when youre not :)
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    When I'm behaving I usually follow the 7-7 rule.
  • garrettecox
    Options
    It can vary person to person, especially depending on your schedule. But for the most part it doesn't matter. Calories in and Calories spent. Your body doesn't track day by day as if a time clock with calories. If you eat some candy bars before bed then the next day you have to cut back a little. Hope this helps.
  • fruitlooparei
    Options
    I'm currently enduring an intermittent fast and have been for the past two days, so I only eat from 2pm until 6pm in the evening and allow the additional 20 hours for fasting. I just drink hot tea with splenda to satisfy any hunger during those times. Let's see what kind of results I have over the next 2 weeks :smile:
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I personally don't have a cut off. After I eat dinner, I will usually have a small, generally low calorie, snack. By the time I wake up, I'm hungry again. If I don't have my small snack, not only is it hard for me to sleep, but I feel like I'm starving when I wake up.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    either when I'm out of calories or when I'm about to go to sleep :) hahah. most of my snacks take place after dinner, as when I stop eating at 8 or so, I'm starving before bed. Of course, I don't usually go to sleep until well after midnight, and unless I have a morning shift, I don't get up until 8:30 or so.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I stop eating when I run out of calories. I like to have an apple around 10pm I go to bed at 10:30 most nights.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    When I fulfill my calorie count. That's usually at 11:30pm when I finish.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • zaneyard
    zaneyard Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm currently enduring an intermittent fast and have been for the past two days, so I only eat from 2pm until 6pm in the evening and allow the additional 20 hours for fasting. I just drink hot tea with splenda to satisfy any hunger during those times. Let's see what kind of results I have over the next 2 weeks :smile:
    Of course I'm sure that you know that IF isn't magic and you still have to eat at a deficit to lose, and a surplus to gain. Though IF has taught me that appetite is a controllable sensation often has nothing to do with actual dietary needs.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I usually eat ice cream in bed, just before I go to sleep.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    When I fall asleep. I hate crumbs in the bed.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Meal timing has no bearing on weight loss. I work overnights. If it was harmful to eat at night I'd have to starve to death. I stop eating for the day when I reach my calorie limit.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    :<
    night eater.....
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    When I feel like it. I'm a firm believer that meal time doesn't affect weight.
  • fitnessfreddie
    fitnessfreddie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism can't tell time, eat when you're hungry. If you go over your calories then hold yourself accountable to cut back the following night.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Stop eating when you run out of calories.
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Lol I eat in bed.

I don't think that it matters much.
  • AllieLillyMae
    Options
    When you eat to much before bed your cortisol levels rise. But you also don't want to go without eatting because that doesn't help your metabolism to keep going.

If you know your going to lay in bed at 10, eat a small snack with protein, and a veggie, no heavy carb (bread, etc.), around 9, that'll give your body a chance to have something to pick at when your sleeping.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I TRY not to past 7/8 at night.. :smile: