Zumba question?

Options
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if I could get some input...my sister was looking into taking a Zumba class and asked if I wanted to go with her. Does anyone know what the class consists of and how would you log that?

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    It's cardio & it's a dance class. I tend to burn 500 cals per hour-long class. It's a lot of fun. You don't need to know the moves, just jump around a lot and have fun :)
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I just log it as "Aerobics, general". It's not much different than traditional aerobics classes, just more hip movements, no bench, and much better music (in my opinion, but I love Latin music. I met my husband salsa dancing.)
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i log it as an aerobic dance! i love it! (eventhough i cannot dance well :blushing: ) if i cant figure out the move i just remember to do something, the whole point is to burn calories so i just keep going even if i look silly ! have fun with it!
  • JessPai
    JessPai Posts: 2
    Options
    I hope you do decide to try Zumba; it's a fun workout! :) It involves dancing and upbeat music.

I created my own workout for Zumba on here:
    I clicked on "add"exercise" under the exercise tab. Then searched for Zumba, and it didn't find it, so I clicking on the blue words that said "Add an exercise to the database" and made it there. :)

My Zumba class is an hour long, so to guess at the calories I compared it to an hour of aerobic dancing (which was listed in the database when I searched for "dance").

I hope that helps you with logging it in.

Good luck and have fun with it! :)