Mother's Day Gift

Plwarder
Plwarder Posts: 30
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
I was so excited and surprised with Reebok Easytone shoes for Mother's Day. Now I never thought that was possible. I always felt that receiving work out items as a gift, would not be much of a gift. More like someone telling you that you are out of shape and need to work out. Well I am out of shape and I do need to work out and I had been thinking about buying these shoes for myself . So when I was surprised with them from my family I put them on and went for a walk, even though it was Mother's Day and I could have slept in. It felt good. I also went through my closet and dresser and put all of my size 14 pants in a bag for charity. I do not plan to ever where them again, so I'm getting rid of them now. Can't wait to get rid of all of the 12's too.

Happy Mother's Day

Replies

• bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Your post made me smile. Keep up the great work! I'm really happy that you feel so good about yourself and that you are doing so well. Happy Mother's Day. Your family obviously knows you and sees all the hard work you've been doing. Amazing!
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    awesome for you! IMO, getting things we NEED are the best gifts! :drinker: and it doesnt hurt if we WANT them too! :bigsmile:
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    What a great post! It's sooo awesome when your family pays attention to you and supports you! Way to go on all your success.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    I got nuttin' for Mother's Day.
    I would have loved my kids' and husband's acknowledgement for all of the hard work I put in as a mother and everyone's health. You, are a lucky woman!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    That's great! I love practical gifts. :happy: For my birthday, I asked my bf for some pedicure stuff from Bath & Body Works. My brother scoffed when I told him that's what he got me, but I needed AND wanted it. There's nothing wrong with practical gifts!! Glad to hear your Mother's Day was well.

squoozyq - I'm sad to hear that. :(
This discussion has been closed.