Want to eat

Options
Had a huge row with my husband last night so I'm feeling really low. Really want to just go and eat and eat until I pop.

Anyone else get this, if so how do you get over it or do you just give in and have a "bad day", which is what I feel like doing but trying not to.

Any tips appreciated before I go gorging!!!

Replies

• JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    If you are so dead set on eating... Well, why not eat something your body needs? Like protein! Cottage cheese, Greek yoghurt, some nuts, a protein shake, etc?
  • sarski77
    sarski77 Posts: 79
    Options
    Is eating going to solve the issues you and your husband argued about? NO. Then don't do it.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I exercise the stress away. Pushing some heavy weight or doing intense cardio makes me feel amazing, and squelches any appetite I once had for too much food. Exercise may make me hungry, but it is always for healthy food.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    eat fruits or veggies
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Don't take your frustration out on food, it won't do you any good. Go for a walk or a run. Or go to the gym & punch the hell out of a punchbag (pretend it's your hubby!)
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I suffer this sometimes, but you have to think about how you will feel AFTER you've eaten that food. Will it make you feel better? Or will you feel worse? I'm pretty sure it's going to be the latter,

Concentrate your efforts on making it up with your husband, or go for walk and get some frustration out.
  • koshiegirl36
    koshiegirl36 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I struggle with comfort eating and food was always the friend I went to talk to. You have to believe that eating that food whatever it is wont make you feel any better, in fact it will make you feel worse. You are only punishing yourself again by sabotaging the good work you have put in. I only speak for experience that during bad times when I have given in immediately after I feel horrible. xx
  • slamina
    slamina Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Some good advice, needed to hear how I wouldn't feel any better after eating, even though I know it anyway!

Should have mentioned I'm at work atm, office job and not busy so keep getting up to go for pee breaks to get me away from my desk and the temptation of biscuits.

Will make up with hubby, even though was big row, wasn't serious just made me feel crap.