Exercise tips for stomach fat - major problem area!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jelk8881
    jelk8881 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to add in Jilian Michaels 6 weeks six pack abs to my zumba routine.
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options

It's not a waste of time to build and strengthen any muscles! She knows she has to lose the fat with a deficit, so what is wrong with wanting to shape and tone the muscles under the fat? So when the fat is gone, Wow muscles!! And more muscle overall helps to burn more fat overall! Good luck OP!!

I think what this person was saying, you cannot gain abs by doing 1000s of crunches, etc. Focusing on whole body and core moves will benefit the OP and give faster results.

Earlier I suggested a full body workout (like a Jillian Michaels DVD) :flowerforyou:
  • rebeccawwalters
    rebeccawwalters Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like to get onto Pinterest-Health and Fitness, and find different ab exercises.
  • phjorg
    phjorg Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, just keep losing weight.

This.

Like I said before - I know you cannot spot reduce, but that doesn't mean you cannot focus on certain muscle groups.
    The 2 are completely unrelated though, so why are you asking about exercise when you're unhappy with your fat levels in your stomach?

Doing exercise + eating lots of food builds muscle (and fat) and makes your abs more prominent. Eating less than you consume loses fat and makes existing muscle start to show. So which is it that you want?

You already have abs, you just have too much fat. So by all means, do ab exercises, but it's a waste of time by and large and you would be better served with an exercise routine that focuses on large movement compounds and only throw in the odd core exercise as an accessory.

It's not a waste of time to build and strengthen any muscles! She knows she has to lose the fat with a deficit, so what is wrong with wanting to shape and tone the muscles under the fat? So when the fat is gone, Wow muscles!! And more muscle overall helps to burn more fat overall! Good luck OP!!
    you can't shape and tone muscles under the fat. thats a monster myth that needs to die a fast death. And you can't build muscle while in deficit outside of very specific circumstances. The point of resistance training is to minimize muscle loss while in deficit. thats it.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I strongly suggest you look into yoga (or pilates) for core strengthening. Continue to lose fat by monitoring your calorie intake and add in 40 minutes a day (break it into two 20 minute segments if you want) of core strengthening yoga and you'll notice a huge difference in about eight weeks.