CHEAT DAY

Options
2»

Replies

• Trigger49
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies I will take all your advice on board.
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I hate the word "cheat" I try to make healthy choices and limit portion sizes. Sometimes I go over my calorie allowance - maybe it's an extra slice or two of pizza or maybe I went out for Chinese food and over-indulged. It happens to us all. I don't call it cheating; I call it living. I don't feel any guilt. It's gonna happen. We have to have an awareness of what we're eating but we don't have to be obsessive. I try to stay within my "allowance" on a regular basis - but if I'm going to a specil event I know I'm bound to over-do it - but I don't use it as an excuse to go on a bender. Keep it sane.
  • barebon
    barebon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I can't do cheat days. It turns into cheat weeks. Once you can maintain self control over food maybe. With fast food I didn't eat it for like 2 months and I went from craving the crappy stuff to being able to plan it out before hand and choosing quality things. I think weaning yourself all the bad food and sticking to your goals are best at first. I'm attempting this now because like I said it seemed to work with eating out and such. Junk food is so difficult to get over . . .
    I don't understand it!