Rollerblading

sundinsgurl
sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Rollerblading is by far one of the greatest workouts!! I have been doing it quite a bit since I joined this site. I can't believe it - an hour burns over 800 calories. Is that accurate??

I am really trying to work on my legs and stomache and wow is it ever helping my inner thighs.

I definetely recommend to everyone to get a pair of rollerblades and try it out. Put on some music and the time passes so quickly!

Replies

• KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    I am not sure if it is accurate but I noticed how much it says that you burn doing it. I too think that it is a great workout.
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    It depends on if you are doing leisurely skating, or speed skating or marathon training. You might want to invest in a nice heart rate monitor.
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Yeah an HRM is important. I blade allot and I'll go for about an hour of pretty leisurely blading will yield about 300 calories for me while MFP wants to log close to a thousand calories so you really can't trust what this site puts out. I don't have a problem with that b/c for me, rollerblading is so much fun, I enjoy the activity so much that I'd still do it even if it somehow added calories rather than burned them.
This discussion has been closed.