Protein Shake recommendations pls!

Options
I've been wanting to get a protein shake for some time now to have for post work out time. Recommendations please! I'm also really not up for spending a fortune or signing up for any plans. So is it even possible to get one worth my while in this case? If I was to spend a decent amount on one will it last for a while? Give it to me people!! :happy:

Replies

• stephcampbell77
    Options
    I've been wanting to get a protein shake for some time now to have for post work out time. Recommendations please! I'm also really not up for spending a fortune or signing up for any plans. So is it even possible to get one worth my while in this case? If I was to spend a decent amount on one will it last for a while? Give it to me people!! :happy:

If you type "protein shakes" in the "search" you will get a zillion answers :)
  • mfbonafide
    mfbonafide Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use a whey isolate, vanilla flavor. I have the powder and will even use it as a meal replacement if I blend it up with Almond milk unsweetened and frozen strawberries. Keeps me full for hours. The powder is about 140 calories a scoop. And it is low in carbs.
    Margaret
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Gold Standard natural vanilla is my favorite all around.
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Double Chocolate Whey blended with almond milk, banana, spinach, PB, and ice... SO good.
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! So do you always mix almond milk or other such milk with it? I'm sure when I get my butt out and buy some it must say on the container! I hope! lol
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You don't have to but it tastes WAY better than mixing it with water :)
  • ShellGetsFit
    Options
    That makes sense!!
  • TurangaLeela
    TurangaLeela Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I like Jay Robb powder. Tastes good, sweetened with stevia, 110 cal, 1 carb, 25 protein. I mix it with coconut milk as it's the only milk I can stomach.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I use Promasil Powder from GNC. It only has 90 calories per scoop and 20grams of protein, with 0 carbs. It is around $30 (here in Canada anyway) for the smaller tub, and the big tub is around $50-60. I wait til there is a BOGO sale and get 2.
    I am currently sipping on a shake right now for breakfast. It has a scoop of powder, vanilla yogurt (Source-35cals/serving), and a cup of Oasis Smoothie (banana/pineapple/coconut). It is high sugar but its yummy.
    I usually use Unsweetened almond milk as it has only 30 calories per cup.
  • kokalvt
    kokalvt Posts: 143
    Options
    I use Natural Factors Whey Factors Double Chocolate protein powder; no growth hormones, GMO free, no added sugars or artificial sweeteners...I usually mix mine with 2 handfuls of ice, 1/2 cup Silk Light Chocolate Soy milk, 1 frozen banana, and 2 scoops of Chocolate or Regular PB2 (powdered peanut butter), sometimes strawberries....SO DELICIOUS!
  • ShellGetsFit
    Options
    I use Promasil Powder from GNC. It only has 90 calories per scoop and 20grams of protein, with 0 carbs. It is around $30 (here in Canada anyway) for the smaller tub, and the big tub is around $50-60. I wait til there is a BOGO sale and get 2.
    I am currently sipping on a shake right now for breakfast. It has a scoop of powder, vanilla yogurt (Source-35cals/serving), and a cup of Oasis Smoothie (banana/pineapple/coconut). It is high sugar but its yummy.
    I usually use Unsweetened almond milk as it has only 30 calories per cup.

Good to know!! I'm in Canada too! I'm going to check out GNC and Fitshop to see what they've got going on!
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Some whey protein, pineapple, and silken tofu with a few frozen berries in a blender is what I am gonna make for my post workout shake today.

Its gonna be delicious.
  • fierceatforty
    fierceatforty Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I prefer Spirutein Protein Shake. its soy protein. 14 grams. and Love is listed on the label as one of the ingredients. I add soymilk/ walnut milk, 1/2 banana, teaspoon of honey and a dash of nutmeg. very satisfying!!
  • barebon
    barebon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Muscle max chocolate ice cream flavored whey protein! Yumm
  • ShellGetsFit
    Options
    I assume that a vanilla one would allow more leeway for adding different fruit and veggies to it. My mind can't wrap around certain items with chocolate...spinach being one. lol
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I used Precision™ Sport Supplements ISO-PRO® Low Carb - Vanilla all last year and really loved it. i got it from GNC. It took a little bit to get used to, but I used it with 50/50 unsweetened almond milk and water. Helps if it's really cold too *L* As you know my insides are delicate little creatures and it never upset my stomach like other protein shakes had.

Another I have used (and still am slogging through) is the Genuine Health proteins+ - Natural vanilla and it's pretty vile no matter how I make it. Once I'm through this GH container (thank goodness it's small!), I'm going to get another container of iso-pro. I THINK at fitshop, they have samples you can try. maybe even popeyes will too. They're both near you so it's worth a shot (Fitshop is next to the running room now)
  • bviv89
    bviv89 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Please, make sure you get one with Branch Amino Acids!!!!!!! Very important.
  • ShellGetsFit
    Options
    I always forget about Popeyes!
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options

I JUST went and bought some of that this morning! I'm hoping it'll be yummy with just skim milk. I also heard that Perfect Whey protein powder is good, even with just water.