CRAIGSLIST...

Options
So I just discovered craigslist lol (i stick to the newspaper classifieds :ohwell: )... i've always heard people talking about it and finally checked it out myself. My husband found our dog through them, he's the best dog anyone could have asked for, but i've also heard HORROR stories about sales/trades gone wrong! Whats everyones take on this site? Experiences? Good or Bad?

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Had pretty good success on Craiglsist. Bought my Motorcycle on CL. Bought Cords of wood, Found someone to trim my Maple tree, clean my gutters. Bought my daughter's first car. In the Free section, I found a great Wok, Leather vest, books. Haven't bought anything in C L for a couple years, but I am still looking for a later model Eurovan weekly.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    If you're selling, you have to wade through all the bogus and spam e-mail.

I've had good luck with it though. Sold a couple motorcycles and some random stuff on there. Bought some stuff as well.

JM
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i read the rants and raves and personals religiously. it's like the Jerry Springer show, only the production value is lower, and it's not always interesting--but when it's interesting, it's WAY interesting (to me) because these are (supposed to be) real folks in my town, not just some random strangers on tv. we don't get to see their faces or hear their voices, but they give us little glimpses into their twisted minds...

:drinker:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    We've used it to buy and sell lots of things. We usually include a phone number in the listing rather than our email, so avoid the spam that way.

Either way, if you want to buy or sell something, make sure it's not a sketchy deal - meet in a public place, take someone with you so you're not alone, etc.

Now if we could just get sellers to understand that their ugly 70's style furniture isn't "antique", it would be great. :tongue:
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of success with craigslist, including my $25 weight bench, bar and weights.