In theory... (dinner question!)

Options
tristan83
tristan83 Posts: 51 Member
In theory say you had a rather large calorie count at lunch. Also assume you went over the daily suggested amount of calorie intake. What would you do for dinner?

:happy:

Replies

• LOVESFITNESS
    Options
    Something light, like a salad or soup.
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    Eat a salad or something else low in calories and then after logging and knowing how many I went over for the entire day I would then work off by walking, riding my bike, etc... (Of course that is on a perfect day...)
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    ... and try to work in some really solid exercise to help work off that lunch..
  • tristan83
    tristan83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    OK, so I have 50 calories left. :blushing: It isn't as bad as I thought! So a soup and a walk/work out would do the trick? I have a LOT to do tonight (painting, going through my house, etc.) so a quick excercise or walk is best for time.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I always eat my bigger meals early in the day so my dinner is usually no more than 200 calories for dinner. Check my diary for ideas!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    exercise to get you in a caloric deficit than eat those and maybe a few more if needed.
  • AbiLuV
    AbiLuV Posts: 47
    Options
    Painting and cleaning the house will burn some of those extra calories too. I agree with the light salad and/or soup.
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    All depends on what I ate that caused me to go over and when the last time I had a cheat day was.

I would either have a light dinner, salad, veggies, fruits. Or if I was still hungry and have not had a cheat day for a long time, I would just eat a normal dinner.
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think it depends on how frequently this happens and how hungry you are. If this is more of a one-off (or less than once per 2 weeks) thing then I say just eat dinner as usual. Being hungry can affect your sleep, feels rubbish and is actually fairly counter-productive in a hormone-related way.
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    All depends on what I ate that caused me to go over and when the last time I had a cheat day was.

I would either have a light dinner, salad, veggies, fruits. Or if I was still hungry and have not had a cheat day for a long time, I would just eat a normal dinner.

Oops didn't mean to say almost exactly the same thing as you haha you must have posted just a moment before me!
  • breakingthepath
    Options
    I would probably log "going through the house" as exercise, dig out my bike, and go somewhere to eat all my exercise calories.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I'd have an egg white omelet with a lot of veggies and 1/4 cup 1% cottage cheese mixed in. You could even throw it on a 1 slice of low cal bread and top with salsa.