AM I DOING TO MUCH?

2»

Replies

• JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    if you can do all that and give your body the fuel and STICK TO IT without injury I see no problem.
    I would drop one cardio and switch it with a lifting routine but whatever works for you is key.
    The issue is will you stick with it for months or years depending on however long it takes to achieve your goal.
    Going balls to the wall for a week and then dropping out due to fatigue the next week is not going to help your cause. Therefore I suggest a plan you can live with you don't want to burn yourself out before you even had a chance to crack your first goal.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Are you doing all of this because you genuinely enjoy exercising or is it because you want to lose weight quickly? Are you eating enough to fuel that much activity?

This might be an interesting read for you: http://psychologyofeating.com/happy-exercise-vs-stressed-exercise-theres-a-big-metabolic-difference/

For right now, your first plan of attack should be to rest your calf muscle if you detect a problem. If you continue to strain it, you might end up not being able to do anything for a while.

Actually I am becoming to enjoy my workouts as it gets me out of the house to meet people. Also, as for weight coming off quickly, I would love that to happen but it's not coming off quickly but more slow and steady.

I have decided to cut out the Step classes as those seem to be the ones that bother my calf the most.

Step is tough on the calves particularly if u don't stretch or your new to step. I miss step so so bad tho my new gym doesn't offer step classes
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Reduce your cardio by at least 50% and make three days a week lifting days.

This is what i am going to do i found some great routines on youtube if like me you didnt know where to start
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    I think instead of doing so much cardio you should take some of those days were you do the elliptical before a class and do some weight lifting in that time instead. You will see some major significant changes in your body by adding in weight lifting.
  • karennh65
    karennh65 Posts: 27 Member
    I personally think if you can do two classes in a row you haven't tried very hard in either. No matter what your fitness level you should be pushing yourself to be tired after one.

I agree. After one hour at the gym, I have nothing left. There is no way I would be able to do 2 classes back to back! Plus I'd rather get in, work my *kitten* off for an hour and get out... I still have a life to live!

Totally agree. Working out is part of my lifestyle but I have a life outside of the gym too.

Well as a mother of 3 grown boys, the wife of a long distance truck driver, going to the gym after work is becoming my life outside of home and work. 2 boys out of the house 1 boy I only see on Sundays, husband gone for weeks at a time. Prior to my starting the gym last September my life consisted of work and home. However, now that warm weather is upon us the bikes will be on the road and I am sure my weekends at the gym will taper off for the summer.
  • tenkesh
    tenkesh Posts: 81
    Totally agree with people suggesting reducing cardio and adding weights. Your lower body is clearly getting too much stress while your upper body gets close to no workout. Workouts work the best way if you let your musclegroups rest and recover. You should do a split. Do a class of your regular aerobic stuff, then on the next day hit the gym and work on your upper body strength while your legs get the rest they need. And have at least 1 day a week when you don't work out at all. Rest and recovery are crucial part, if you ignore it it almost always leads to injuries.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    I'm leaving messages and voicemails telling you I miss you, baby am I doing too much?

YESSSSS.