Am I working out correctly?

Options
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!
Okay so I have made my own workout schedule that started April 2nd and ends on May 11th. So a 6 week program. Here is how my schedule goes.
::
All Sundays & Mondays are OFF DAYS!
-I do Biggest Loser Cardio Max Level 1, ten days within the first two weeks. On the days I do not to BL, I do 30 day shred level 1, ten days within two weeks. I alternate the two dvd's, one day 30 ds one day BL.
-Weeks 2 and 4 I would be doing Biggest loser level 2, but still doing 30ds level 1.
-Weeks 5 and 6 I would be doing Biggest loser lever 3, but still doing 30ds level 1.

So far I have lost 5 pounds within these two weeks and clothes fit me way better. My daily calorie limit is 1500. So, my question is, is this enough exercise? Should I do 30ds levels 2 and 3 (I AM SCARED TO)?.. Should I also go to the gym and do some extra cardio (both dvd involve cardio and strength)? Is having two days off for body recovery good enough?? Will I really gain muscle by doing these dvds?

Any advice would be good and I'll appreciate it. Thanks :)

Replies

• Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    Your doing great...anytime in between my workouts I like to add some planks and push ups.. Just get down on the floor and
    do them.. It accelerates your body changing.
  • EpicMeyri
    EpicMeyri Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It accelerates your body changing.

Thanks :) And that's interesting what you said. I never knew that. So now instead of cheating and doing pushups standing up I'll actually try to do as many as I can on the floor.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I see no lifting. What are your goals? If you want to get bigger/stronger you should start with a basic strength based lifting program.
  • EpicMeyri
    Options
    I see no lifting. What are your goals? If you want to get bigger/stronger you should start with a basic strength based lifting program.

I am trying to lose weight. I do want to tone up too. But idk if toning up and losing fat go together. I always thought people tone up after losing all the fat. But I could be wrong.
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Do as many 'real' pushups as you can and then do more on your knees, it took me a long time to be able to do lots of real pushups, just make sure your form is good. And alternate hand positions, do some wide, some normal, some narrow and some where your elbows go back (if your doing them correctly it really works your triceps).
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    Do as many 'real' pushups as you can and then do more on your knees, it took me a long time to be able to do lots of real pushups, just make sure your form is good. And alternate hand positions, do some wide, some normal, some narrow and some where your elbows go back (if your doing them correctly it really works your triceps).

I work with a guy who could only do 15 at a time and his whole face turned red. Now he bangs 60 at a time..
    Start with as many real ones as you can and add 1 more each day.
  • ganzelly
    Options

I work with a guy who could only do 15 at a time and his whole face turned red. Now he bangs 60 at a time..

I started not being able to do any real pushups, now I can do about 30 regular ones, less for some of the different hand positions. I'm very happy with that progress!
  • EpicMeyri
    Options

I started not being able to do any real pushups, now I can do about 30 regular ones, less for some of the different hand positions. I'm very happy with that progress!

Wow that's pretty amazing. It kinda makes me want to do it right now at the job lol
  • ganzelly
    Options
    That's what we are here for! Motivation and support. (I'd love to see your co-workers faces if you dropped and started doing pushups)!
  • EpicMeyri
    Options
    That's what we are here for! Motivation and support. (I'd love to see your co-workers faces if you dropped and started doing pushups)!

LMAO! They'll probably just look at me as if I were crazy. I'll just blame it on school stress lol