This is what 40 pounds looks like!

Options
KevinS62
KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
For my ultimate goal, I'm looking for a total loss of 60-70 lbs, and I'm not there yet. However, this morning I did my weekly weigh in and I'm happy to say I've broken the -40 lb milestone. Think about it. Fortyfreakinpounds! Four months ago I carried myself, PLUS an extra FORTY POUNDS. :drinker:

Here's what forty pounds looks like....

46873102001476256681811.jpg

Replies

• Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! Your doggie seems to love what 40 lbs represent! :)

Keep up the great work!
  • cwood2002
    cwood2002 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on this milestone!! Keep up the great work!
  • peachypants
    peachypants Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow, isn't it amazing. Can you imagine carrying that around all day?
    Congrats on your loss. Great milestone!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    LOL, love the visual.

You Da Man!!!
  • KevinS62
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! Your doggie seems to love what 40 lbs represent! :)

Keep up the great work!

LOL! They both do, but after taking this picture 2 weeks ago, I did some research and will no longer buy this brand. It's okay, but it's not the best. We got Alpo now.

Oh, and I think the Alpo is in 45 or 50 lb bags. Looks like I have something to use as another visual in month or two. :bigsmile:
  • eboyas
    eboyas Posts: 11
    Options
    Great job! Forty pounds is no small feat!

http://thesmallestloser.blogspot.com
  • GospelofGrace
    Options
    Wow - 40 lbs since January. It can seem so simple when you actually track calories and are mindful about portion control isn't it??
  • KevinS62
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
    LOL, love the visual.

You Da Man!!!

Thanks. Isn't something Elaine? It sure is a visual. I may post that pic on my fridge, but I'm still keeping this (before pic) as my inspiration. There's where the 40 lbs was!
    26854942614020896429718.jpg

-Kevin
    SW: 247
    CW: 206.6
    GW: 180/190
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Crazy, isn't it? Awesome work!
  • deniseescher1017
    Options
    LOVE IT, i'm in for a 30 lb loss right now. your dog wants that 40 lbs so feel free to SHARE it, hahahaa, great work!!!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    congratulations! That's me plus a bit more than half more. Great incouragement!!
  • Funnyfishat40
    Funnyfishat40 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thats So funny I thought it was just me who gauged my weight by a sack of Dog food, ( although mine are slightly smaller 15kg/ 33lbs)!
  • Shook765
    Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! Keep you the great work. Sometimes I think I "only" lost this much or that much and then you see a visual and realize how much that really is. Way to go!
  • VitalFlux
    Options
    That's awesome and really an eye opener, I was able to get to my 40lb loss..that's really an eye opener. I have a hard enough time carrying around a bag of dog food, and to think i was carrying that on my body?!!....whew!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    You're amazing! Well done! I have lost 50 and I never thought of visualizing that way. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • mark525
    mark525 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That is crazy!!! It really puts it into perspective with a pic like that!! Great job bro!!
  • charman99
    charman99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the eye opener.... I want to shed 40 so that I am the hot chick on the Harley :)
  • yph5992
    yph5992 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome and an eye opener to me as well. Are you planning to lose any more weight? Opps! I see you have a goal to lose 70 lbs. You can do it!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Congrats! As I close in on the 50#, I now have some extra ideas for illustration!
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    This is what 12,000 pounds looks like.
    Delicious!

pb-110913-chocolate-rs-2.photoblog900.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!