Data for calories burned during P90X

clauss151
clauss151 Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello,

Anyone know how to log your exercise from P90X into MFP to see how many calories you burned? Couldn't find it in their database.

Replies

• amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    I set MFP to 1200 calories a day and then I enter the P90X into my exercise diary for an automatic 600 calories since P90X states I should consume 1800 calories a day. I tried to wear an HRM but it doesn't calculate the calories burned for your weight lifting, pull ups and push up days. Those workouts burn calories differently. They don't get your heart rate up so your HRM won't register the correct calorie burn for those. At least that is what I have been told.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Those that don't have a HRM log it as circuit training. I have a HRM so I create my own exercise and log what my HRM says.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    I set MFP to 1200 calories a day and then I enter the P90X into my exercise diary for an automatic 600 calories since P90X states I should consume 1800 calories a day. I tried to wear an HRM but it doesn't calculate the calories burned for your weight lifting, pull ups and push up days. Those workouts burn calories differently. They don't get your heart rate up so your HRM won't register the correct calorie burn for those. At least that is what I have been told.
    I use my HRM for all the workouts, weight lifting included because I bust my butt to get at least what I did the previous time if not more so my HR gets up there and I work up a sweat!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    I use a HRM. It varies from 200 to 500ish depending on the video and how hard I push. I would recommend a HRM. I bought mine for $50 at Canadian Tire. I think Walmart has them too
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    I use my HRM for all the workouts, weight lifting included because I bust my butt to get at least what I did the previous time if not more so my HR gets up there and I work up a sweat!

Me too :smile:
This discussion has been closed.