Maintenance ?

After you get to goal, how do you maintain your weight? Thanks

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    you eat the number of calories that is not creating a deficit so you continue to lose, but is also not an excess so you gain weight.
  • TKRV
    TKRV Posts: 165 Member
    Eat healthy, keep working out, and don't freak out about an extra one or two pounds. The biggest adjustment for me was getting used to seeing my weight range about 5 pounds (depending on the time of day I weighed myself and what I ate) instead of just falling. But it's fine because weight does that.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Honestly? I had to quit logging and quit weighing. I could not get out of weight loss mode or eat beyond my weight loss calories when I was logging. I'll still log once in a while to see where I'm at but I am very confident that I have changed my old food habits and can now eating properly and in good portions too. I weigh once every couple of weeks or so but I've given myself 5 pounds to stay within so it's just not a big deal. If I feel like I'm straying off of the beaten path, I will IMMEDIATELY start logging again.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    When I went to maintenance two years ago, I continued to track calories for a few weeks until I felt fairly comfortable that I knew about how much to eat. Also continued to run, although because it was summer and hot I reduced frequency a bit (mileage went back to normal in the fall).

After that, I weighed myself every so often and went back to tracking if I got about 3-5 pounds up. Summer heat, holidays, vacations would make me add a few pounds, but as long as I got on top of it I could get it back off in a few weeks.

That worked for almost two years--I'm back to tracking calories not because I failed to maintain, but to lose additional weight.