To Buy or Not To Buy...

mommy2js
mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
P90X

Here's my questions:

1. What if I can't find the 1 hr. plus every day??? Can I just do the next day when I get to it? Example, If I work out Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and then don't have time Thursday, can I do Thursday's workout on Friday?

2. Do you actually lose any weight, or is it just muscle building?

3. I have a VERY bad knee, (as in, can't even do jumping jacks) am I going to be able to do the cardio workouts?

4. I read another thread that said she put in 600 cals burned per workout - I am 5'6" and weigh 137 lbs - anyone else with those numbers do it? How many cals do you burn?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    If I were you with a VERY bad knee I would look into doing ChaLean Extreme instead of P90X. I personally love both but ChaLean is a little lower intensity than P90X and easier on the joints I found. I would suggest getting a HRM no matter what to calculate your calorie burn not go off someonw elses.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    P90X

Here's my questions:

1. What if I can't find the 1 hr. plus every day??? Can I just do the next day when I get to it? Example, If I work out Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and then don't have time Thursday, can I do Thursday's workout on Friday?

3. I have a VERY bad knee, (as in, can't even do jumping jacks) am I going to be able to do the cardio workouts?

4. I read another thread that said she put in 600 cals burned per workout - I am 5'6" and weigh 137 lbs - anyone else with those numbers do it? How many cals do you burn?

Thanks in advance.

1. I get up one hour earlier every day and workout. To me its worth it
    2. I have lost 13.6 lbs in 30 days which is not much but I have collar bones now and I have lost 13.65" off my body in those 30 days. I have muscle definition in my arms and starting in my legs.
    3. I also have a very bad knee. There are a few exercises in Plyo that I run in place and also I don't do the high impact jumping I just step it.
    4. Everyone is different. I use a HRM and burn anywhere from 200 (stretchX) up to 500+ depending on the video and the intensity I push myself. I am 5'5" and 201lbs

This is the best exercise program I have ever done. I love the way it is changing my body. I am not going for a body building image. I just like not being flabby. And I LOVE MY NEWLY FOUND COLLAR BONES :smile:
  • oaker
    oaker Posts: 132 Member

4. I read another thread that said she put in 600 cals burned per workout - I am 5'6" and weigh 137 lbs - anyone
    mommy2js you can move your workouts if you want, but it is hard to catch up. Usually there is one workout each day, and I would not recommend doubling up. You could skip stretch x or yoga to catch up on a strength training routine, but then you will miss out on the flexibiltiy phase of the program. Also, if you approach the program from doing it the rest of your life rather than 90 days, then missing a workout here and there is not a big deal.

In almost all of the cardio workouts, there is someone showing how to modify moves if you are having joint issues. You will just have to take it easy.

Everyone burns calories at a different rate. I just estimated my calories for each workout, but always realized, the better shape I got in and the more weight I lost, the less amount of calories I would burn. I ended up losing almost 30 ibs during my first round of X
This discussion has been closed.