You can do it!

Options
Ok, so I post this thing I wrote a couple years ago from time to time. Right now I am posting as much for myself as for anyone else...:flowerforyou:

One of the biggest mistakes I've made in my weight loss journey over the years is to think that if I make a bad food choice, the whole day is shot. This is SO not true.

Every second, of every minute, of every hour, of every day is a new opportunity to make the right decision.

If you eat something that you know you shouldn't have, don't throw the whole day away. Just pick back up and make a good decision the next time.

Remember, any weight loss goal, whether its 10 pounds, or 100, is a MARATHON, not a SPRINT! Remember to consider all factors when taking stock of your progress. The scale is only ONE tool for measuring your progress. You will also lose inches, and gain stamina, and energy. You will feel better, you're clothes will fit better, you'll want to get up and do more.

Don't be discouraged if you step on the scale and you haven't lost as much as you had hoped, or even if you gained a little. As you start to build muscle the scale may not change. Muscle weighs more than fat, so its not all about the scale.

Most importantly, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't get down on yourself. You CAN do it! If you don't quit, then you can't fail.

Replies

• ybenitez87
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this :)
  • Scarlett_Belle
    Scarlett_Belle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • nuttcase802
    Options
    You tell me that all the time.......lost a good bit of weight still feel like the 255lbs guy. Also don't forget that treating yourself once in a while is a good thing its positive reinforcement.