will i gain muscle if i do like this?

Options
day 1 chest day 2 back day 3 leg

chest day doing 10 set of 10 reps of bench press and 10sets of 10 reps that are for tricep

back

doing death lift or whatever 10 sets of 10 reps and the same for bicep

and leg days also..

doing this 6days in a week.

what do u think? will i gain muscle doing this? or not?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    If you can do 10 sets of 10 reps, you are not lifting a heavy enough weight. It also depends on how you're eating to see good mass gains, you must eat at a surplus and make sure to get in at least 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. I know many actively trying to gain muscle eat 1 gram per pound of body weight, and there are others who will eat 1 gram of protein per pound of desired bodyweight.

I'd go to bodybuilding.com and browse their hypertrophy programs and do all the calculations to get your caloric requirements for gains in check.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating? Surplus, deficit, or maintenance? Are you new to lifting?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5

Eat a surplus.

Don't try to create your own routine until you have the knowledge to do so.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5

Eat a surplus.

Right, because no one ever got big or strong doing their own program, and the weight lifting world was in complete shambles before 5x5 programming came along.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5

Eat a surplus.

Right, because no one ever got big or strong doing their own program, and the weight lifting world was in complete shambles before 5x5 programming came along.
    No, because OP obviously does not know enough about weighlifting yet, in order to create his own program.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5

Eat a surplus.

No, because OP obviously does not know enough about weighlifting yet, in order to create his own program.

^Exactly. 5x5 is effective. That doesn't mean other programs aren't effective, but OP seems to be pretty new to the world of lifting. 5x5 is a great place to start.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5

Eat a surplus.

First, that doesn't mean the program is completely ineffective.
    Second, an inefficient program is better than a great program that someone can't or won't do.
    Third, posts like this are a great way to learn.

Boxed programs are great, and should be the starting point for most people. But custom programs can be just as effective, especially if someone's goals aren't simply to get strong.