greek vs regular

Options
2»

Replies

• SweetHarmony81
    SweetHarmony81 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt is actually strained yoghurt (in Greece the name the regular yoghurt 'Greek yoghurt' and the strained yoghurt 'Greek strained yoghurt')
    Strained yoghurt is regular yoghurt which is strained in a cloth or filter to remove some liquid thus giving it a thicker consistency than natural yoghurt. It's also higher in protein than natural yoghurt

It's highly nutritious and I personally love it!!
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    more protein, less fat and calories, thicker (keeps me fuller)
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    love love LOVE greek yogurt..... only buy the plain - add fresh fruit, once inawhile a drizzle of fleur de sel caramel sauce -YUMMMMMY
    use my yogurt strainer to make it thicker when I replace it for sour cream or cream cheese in dips and sauces - We tried the flavored but found them too sweet! Won't buy any other kind
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I switched to greek yogurt after my surgery because of the protein content and it took some adjusting. I got my husband to switch and he loves it, he's very active and uses it as a protein supplement as well and now even my kids love it for a snack much better for the entire all around.
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The first couple times I tried greek yogurt I did not like it, guess it was the texture. However, now I am not sure if I will ever go back! I have tried a couple different ones, but right now Dannon Light & Fit 2X the Protein for only 80 calories!! Loving it!
  • swarla
    swarla Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It has a lot more protein, but I can't stand the taste.