Getting frustrated with the scale for Insanity

I have 18 days left of the Insanity workout and the weighing scale is seriously frustrating me! So basically I am half way through the second week of month 2. My weight would fluctuate between 131 lbs-133 lbs. After recovery week it went down to 130lbs and was constant for like 4 days so I felt better. BUT I am back to 133 lbs and it's pissing me off because I'm not really losing any weight! Everyone says that the biggest changes and drop in pounds happens on the second month but apparently it's not happening to me yet. I only have about 13 pounds to reach my goal weight (I thought it was only 10 more pounds since I WAS 130 lbs at one point). My legs are much more muscular now though so I guess that shows progress. I can also fit into my size 4 shorts from 4 years ago, when I was a size 10 about a year ago. But the scale! That's my problem! When will it finally go down? I am getting really impatient and it is slightly disappointing me...

Replies

• mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Save yourself the heart ache and throw your scale away. I think the whole goal weight thing gets a bit blurred the closer you get to what some chart says you should weigh for your height.
  • jaina08
    jaina08 Posts: 561 Member
    I actually did put it away and then I got tempted after 3 days to bring it back to my room....
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    Stop listening to the results of other people.

Stop weighing yourself - you are already at a healthy weight and you're working on that last few pounds. A number on the scale means nothing.

Use your mirror, pictures, measurements and how your clothes fit at this point.
  • jaina08
    jaina08 Posts: 561 Member
    Stop listening to the results of other people.

Stop weighing yourself - you are already at a healthy weight and you're working on that last few pounds. A number on the scale means nothing.

Use your mirror, pictures, measurements and how your clothes fit at this point.

I do see some slight changes from the mirror, pictures, measurements and how my clothes fit. I'm assuming it's my legs that's preventing me from losing weight since it looks so muscular now... I don't really want my calves to get anymore muscular since I've been having really big calves from the start..
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    I'm the exact same. Did Day 45 today. Was 10 stones/140 when I started and still bladdie 10 stones/140 now :laugh: Yes, my clothes are looser, yes, I look trimmer/smaller, yes, people can see I look slimmer but I still want to weigh 7Ibs less :flowerforyou:
  • GettinIT6
    GettinIT6 Posts: 44
    Save yourself the heart ache and throw your scale away. I think the whole goal weight thing gets a bit blurred the closer you get to what some chart says you should weigh for your height.

totally agree!! I have the same issue!! If you feel better, can do things easier, and clothes fit better then you are doing it right!!! I did insanity and didn't lose much weight but the change in my body and workouts was amazing!! Have you lost inches? Message me if you want to check?
  • alison590
    alison590 Posts: 61
    I'm trying to post a pic here for you but can't figure out how. It's a girl at 123 and then at 137 after heavy weight lifting. She looks soooo much slimmer and looks amazing at 137. Throw away the scale!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    I have 18 days left of the Insanity workout and the weighing scale is seriously frustrating me! So basically I am half way through the second week of month 2. My weight would fluctuate between 131 lbs-133 lbs. After recovery week it went down to 130lbs and was constant for like 4 days so I felt better. BUT I am back to 133 lbs and it's pissing me off because I'm not really losing any weight! Everyone says that the biggest changes and drop in pounds happens on the second month but apparently it's not happening to me yet. I only have about 13 pounds to reach my goal weight (I thought it was only 10 more pounds since I WAS 130 lbs at one point). My legs are much more muscular now though so I guess that shows progress. I can also fit into my size 4 shorts from 4 years ago, when I was a size 10 about a year ago. But the scale! That's my problem! When will it finally go down? I am getting really impatient and it is slightly disappointing me...

The scale is a poor measurement for progress and fitness. You're not overweight. You look fit.
    Why do you feel you still need to lose 13 pounds?
  • first off don't lose motivation. muscle weighs more than fat. as far ur weight fluctuating, that is totally normal especially for a woman. a woman's weight typically fluctuated 5 lbs so don't sweat it. but most importantly its not necessarily important to obsess of the number on the scale because if you are eating healthy and exorcising then you are reaching a healthier life style. if your worried about lowering your BMI or reaching the idea weight for you height and age then you need to research how to recalculate your goal weight wile including you body measurements and body fat percentage because that will give you a more accurate picture to go off of. but, you said your self your dropping pant sizes and that's where ur focus should be. record your measurements and keep track of that instead of weight because again MUSCEL WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT. when I joined the army and went through basic training I gained weight. I went from 145-155ish but I dropped like 2 pant sizes. hope I helped a little. I would hate for you to lose motivation because it sounds like your on the right track
  • trishthomas420
    trishthomas420 Posts: 7 Member
    please listen to everyone else!!!! the numbers on the scale DO NOT MATTER. take your measurements and watch the inches drop off. i've see the picture of a girl who started out at 127 and maybe had a little flab (no much tho) and her final picture she was tones, no flab at all, 6 pack abs, and weighed 135. she gained weight because muscle weighs WAY more than fat. please don't let the scales take away from the progress you are making!!!! great job and keep it up! (comping from someone who about died on insainty's fit test alone!!!!)
  • iceman7840
    iceman7840 Posts: 110

That is the way things go sometimes. I have been doing this for awhile and there are weeks where I have no progress on the scale. That doesn't mean you aren't making progress though.

As long as you feel great and you can feel the progress, don't worry about the scale. It's just a number. Be strong and keep up the good work. You will get there!