Buffalo Chicken Breast

Options
UrbanLotus
UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
I just discovered Frank's Buffalo Wing sauce - where has this been all my life?? Modified a recipe I found online and it turned out SO yummy!

10oz chicken breast, cut into strips
1/4 cup Frank's Buffalo Wing sauce (I might use more of this next time, can't have enough!)
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon whipped butter
1 teaspoon celery seed
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup flour
cornstarch

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spray skillet with cooking spray. Dredge chicken in flour, then add to pan and cook until browned.
Place chicken in an 11 x 7 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Combine hot sauce and next 4 ingredients. Dissolve a little cornstarch in water and add it to the sauce. Pour over chicken and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.

*The original recipe called for 1tsp celery seed in the sauce, I didn't have that but I'm sure it would be good! Also the chicken was a little chewy, I probably should have cooked it a little less on the stove.

Nutrition info for the whole recipe:
calories - 443
fat - 10
carbs - 25
protein - 66

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    IMO you really don't need the butter or the flour.

It is really darn good if you make it in the crockpot, then shred it. I like to make a buffalo chicken dip using greek yogurt.

Also, if you love Frank's TRY Louisiana Wing Sauce. I was a Frank's addict but recently discovered Louisiana, and it is MUCH better!!!!
  • UrbanLotus
    Options
    Well the butter I used was only 50 calories/tbsp so not a big deal. The original recipe didn't have flour but all the comments had said to dredge it, which makes for a different dish (its 110 calories for the flour, so again not really much). You can omit it if you want, but I think it probably tastes better this way. I'll look for that one, thanks!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    This would be good stuffed with blue cheese.
  • eddierichardson73
    eddierichardson73 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sounds great thanks
  • Warriorjen
    Options
    Try Franks with cucumber and a squeeze of lemon.
  • UrbanLotus
    Options
    I'm not a blue cheese fan myself, but for those who are I think it would be good, or as a dip! I was thinking of putting the leftovers in a wrap with carrots and celery and some ranch for dinner tonight.
  • UrbanLotus
    Options
    Try Franks with cucumber and a squeeze of lemon.

Oh this sounds heavenly! I'm always looking for new ways to use it LOL - string cheese dipped in it is yummy :)
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    This would be great on a salad too! Awesome idea! I love buffalo anything... we have a brand here, Speed Queen from a local restaurant, that I will probably use instead, but love it!
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bottle of Franks wing sauce. Packet of ranch mix (dry) 3lbs chicken breast. 4hrs on high in the crock pot, and shred. Spoon of sour cream on top of one serving...delicious. Maybe bad for you, I don't know, I made it before starting this journey. But yummy. Just throwing that out there lol.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I was just going to make this a couple of nights ago, but I decided the buffalo wouldn't go with the rest of the meal. Also, I didn't have a recipe so I was going to ::ahem:: WING it. ::crickets::

So anyway....Frank's also has a thicker version, kind of the consistancy of ketchup. Perfect for dipping and stuff! Love it!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Bottle of Franks wing sauce. Packet of ranch mix (dry) 3lbs chicken breast. 4hrs on high in the crock pot, and shred. Spoon of sour cream on top of one serving...delicious. Maybe bad for you, I don't know, I made it before starting this journey. But yummy. Just throwing that out there lol.
    YUM.