30 day shredders???

Options

Replies

• MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 5 of Level 3. Just keep pushing, the first time I did level one I could only do about half. By the end of the 10 days I could do the whole level. It amazed me how quickly the body builds up strength.
  • mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just did day 2 of level 1 and it definitely made me realize how out of shape I am. I am sure there are leg muscles in there somewhere, but I can't seem to find them :smile: ! I could not do everything she did so I modified but then I felt like I was cheating...but my body physically could not do it. It is so frustrating when there is a mind/body disconnect, but I know that everyday we will all get stronger! :smile:
  • DesignerJojo
    DesignerJojo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Started today too...watched level one through first and thougth okay I can do that..I wasn't wrong but it was tuff. What kept me going was that during the preview my five year old kept doing the exercises...jumping jacks, push ups...it was so cute and motivating I couldn't help but get my butt in gear.
    Good luck to all!
  • melisj5
    melisj5 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just finished Level 1, Day 5 and I'm looking forward to starting level 2 soon. I'm not cursing Jillian as much as I was when I first started, but I sure am feeling it in my muscles tonight!
  • acasper3
    acasper3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When I had done 30 day shred. I was 196 5'2 starting out. My ankles and knees started hurting so bad but i kept going. I think only made it to day 23 or something. I started switching up with running and swimming instead of only doing the dvd. I do remember doing Level 1 for like 15 days then switching to level 2 and never amking it to level 3. I think I could probably do level 3 now because I'm 155 now and I do Turbofire, which is really high energy. I think 30 day shred is a great fast and intense workout. You will rally firm up. Make sure to watch your food intake and try to walk a lot because you ojnly burn like 200 calories per workout.
  • lizcastrosai
    Options
    I'm starting this tomorrow! I've seen a lot of people post their result photos online and it's surprising how awesome your body can get in such a short amount of time. I'm looking forward to seeing some results since gaining almost 20 pounds in college. I'm definitely going to need some motivation though... I'm sure I'm going to be sore for a while.
  • juliewulie4
    juliewulie4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Finished day 7 of Level 1 today. Just looked at what's to come in Level 2... ahh!!! Feel free to add me :)
  • corrsfan
    corrsfan Posts: 26
    Options
    I also just started Level 2 today and it was SOOOO hard. I had just gotten comfortable with Level 1 so I was feeling pretty good about my progress until Level 2 kicked my butt, lol. Can't wait to say I've gotten comfortable with Level 2 and then Level 3. It's a fantastic workout. It's the kind of intense workout I wouldn't do without a trainer pushing me so it's awesome I get that experience for the cost of a DVD and in the comfort of my home. Let's keep each other motivated. It's so encouraging to read about everyone's journey!
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Moving on to Level 2 today. It's great!
    PROS: It's a short workout, I feel great afterwards, and I can see my fitness level improving.
    CONS: It's tough, and Jillian's voice starts to get on my nerves. I mute her and put on my music!
    Enjoy!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I found when I was younger, this would be enough, but for me, over 50 now, 20 minutes, even very intense, isn't enough. I like her strength exercises but if I only do 20 minutes, it doesn't help me lose.

Also in the before/after photos, age and how they ate I'm sure is a big factor. You will lose and firm but how much depends on your body/metabolism and age. Don't get discouraged if you don't duplicate someone else.
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    all 3 day shredders are welcome to add me. I start level 2 on Monday
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Also started today although I'm alternating it with the treadmill. x
  • maci1914
    maci1914 Posts: 8
    Options
    Just finished day 1! Feel free to add me...
  • SundayGirl1989
    Options
    Going to start this on Monday.
    Will it make a difference what time of day i do it? IU always feel like i should exercise as soon as i get up to set me up for the day but I don't think i'll have time before work so will probs be about 5/6pm.
    that should be ok though right?
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I've seen tons of before and after 30 day shred pics and so I decided to pick the DVD up (just got it this weekend.) I plan to start it on Thursday because I have a test coming up (Wednesday,) and I need to make sure I pass that.
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I finished the shred a wk ago and am happy with the results.
    I lost 9 lbs and lost inches as well. (I have a post with my results)

I restarted on Tues so today is Day 4.
    I do the shred between my full and part time job.. so around 3:30-4:30. A few days I was running late so I did it after my part time and after I had eaten dinner which is at work around 5-5:30 and I was able to do it but not the same intensity.
  • LinzJA
    LinzJA Posts: 16
    Options
    I am starting this today... anyone else starting? Those who have done it, pros? cons? have you lost weight?? Fill me in peeps!:bigsmile:

Hi. I just today started to do it for the second time. I finished it a couple of months ago and loved it, have found myself recently lagging in the diet and exercise so i thought it was time to let Jillian kick my a** again ;) It is an awesome workout!
  • LinzJA
    LinzJA Posts: 16
    Options
    I also just started Level 2 today and it was SOOOO hard. I had just gotten comfortable with Level 1 so I was feeling pretty good about my progress until Level 2 kicked my butt, lol. Can't wait to say I've gotten comfortable with Level 2 and then Level 3. It's a fantastic workout. It's the kind of intense workout I wouldn't do without a trainer pushing me so it's awesome I get that experience for the cost of a DVD and in the comfort of my home. Let's keep each other motivated. It's so encouraging to read about everyone's journey!

lol wait until u get to level 3!! It's a beast, but totally worth it!! :)
  • Rotten_Apple
    Rotten_Apple Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just started as well, I'm on lvl 1 day 2...I am sooo sore from day 1 but that only means its working! It's tough but it's so short it goes by fast :)
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just started this morning. I had to modify some of it to account for falling apart joints/sleeping family/wooden floor (must get a mat!) anyone wants a new friend feel free to add me :o)