I love egg sandwiches...

Options
What do you put your egg sandwiches on? I'm trying to find something healthier than your average English muffin...

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I use whole wheat English Muffins. Healthy Life makes some that are 80 calories, I believe, with 5g protein and fiber. I have also used their low carb whole wheat bread. I've switched to rye bread lately, I really like it. I also recently discovered Van frozen waffles that have 10 grams of protein and only 180 calories for 2. Those might be nice as a base for an egg sandwich, too. I've also put eggs (whites) scrambledin a wrap or pita pocket with cheese and veggies. Yum. I love egg sandwiches, though I personally typically just use egg whites.
  • BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just plain old whole wheat bread, but I also mix spinach in with the egg (even frozen spinach, thawed and drained, to make a patty for some extra vitamins).
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I use the Thomas Lite Whole Grain English Muffins or Bagel Thins. You could also try making your own bread, english muffins or bagels.
  • uncbluci
    uncbluci Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I use the whole wheat sandwich thins too, and I liked to add spinach, tomato, mushrooms, sometimes ground turkey to my egg. I got this awesome little microwave egg cooker from Target that makes a perfect egg patty in 1 min, and you can toss all the toppings inside
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I use the whole wheat sandwich thins too, and I liked to add spinach, tomato, mushrooms, sometimes ground turkey to my egg. I got this awesome little microwave egg cooker from Target that makes a perfect egg patty in 1 min, and you can toss all the toppings inside

Goes to Target.com to check this device out....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Anything. Tortilla, English muffin, bagel, bread, anything goes.

I just whisk the egg in a bowl, put it in the microwave for 40 seconds, and I get an omelet that fits perfectly in either of those. I seriously can't believe I never did that before (I found out that I could do this maybe a month ago). Just so easy. Then I add cheese/ham/sausage, whatever, and I'm ready to go.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Try an everything bagel thin, sandwich flat, or a good quality bread. The microwave egg thingy is awesome too - and eggbeaters are the perfect consistency. Also, Canadian bacon!
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options

Goes to Target.com to check this device out....

Me too.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I like those deli flats.... some are pretty high in protein and fiber too. Sargentos now makes an ultra thin cheese so that it's not too bad on the calories and fat but still flavor.

I will cook the eggs/egg beaters in an large saute pan, with a combo of some veggies, sausage, ham, cheeses, etc. Then fold it into quarters to fit on the deli flat.
  • sarahDickson501
    sarahDickson501 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Anything. Tortilla, English muffin, bagel, bread, anything goes.

I just whisk the egg in a bowl, put it in the microwave for 40 seconds, and I get an omelet that fits perfectly in either of those. I seriously can't believe I never did that before (I found out that I could do this maybe a month ago). Just so easy. Then I add cheese/ham/sausage, whatever, and I'm ready to go.

Its the perfect size!, That's the only way I cook my eggs anymore!! and with a little pan spray misted over the bowl, no ruined bowls! (we ruined many bowls this way before I figured out that pan spray is great for that!)
  • DBubbs
    DBubbs Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wheat sandwich thins or wheat English muffins, with light mayo, low-fat cheese, and Frank's Red Hot.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Wheat english muffins! Enjoy them eggs! and EAT the YOLK!!!!!
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I just had a turkey sandwich on 7 grain bread with honey mustard, tomato, lettuce, fried egg, and pepper jack cheese. :love:
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    lol I do too. Flatbread is good, but daily I use natures own whole wheat 100 cals for 2 slices. yum!
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    What do you put your egg sandwiches on? I'm trying to find something healthier than your average English muffin...

Healthier than an English muffin? What's wrong with English muffins? Are you looking for lower cal options maybe?

I sometimes use Nature's Own 9 Grain bread that's only 40 cals per slice. There are tons of alternatives to holding your sandwich together.
  • kimberly728
    kimberly728 Posts: 124
    Options
    i use 2 egg whites, and 1 whole egg- scrambled with a slice of reduced fat cheese, and a 100 calorie english muffin. add 1/2 tbsp of hot sauce and im good until lunch time ( i stay full with this for at least 5 hours)
  • aberc
    aberc Posts: 98
    Options
    I usually use whole wheat/whole grain toast or use a low-carb whole wheat tortilla.
    Im trying to cut back on gluten right now though, so now I make an "Eggs n' Oats" bowl -- 1/4 Cup of oatmeal, 2 eggs, and a scoop of pico de gallo with some seasonings
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I don't do the carbs from bread so I would just make a gnarley omelet..no - or you looking for something you can carry?
  • rjc0914
    rjc0914 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Every couple of weeks I treat myself to the following on a weekend morning: 1 egg white and 1 whole egg fried with 1 slice cheese (I like provolone) and turkey bacon or a couple of morning star veggie sausage patties, served in between 2 toasted vans or kashi waffles . Drizzle each waffle with a little maple syrup of course before smushing it all together. You're welcome.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I use Pepperidge Farm 7 grain deli flats, 100 cals each. Also, instead of eggs, I use Egg Beaters, or something similar.