I am new here, looking for a buddy.

Options
I haven't started my weight loss journey yet. I just purchased the Readers Digest Diet book and am still reading. I hope to get started on Monday. It is a 21 day plan and I am promising myself that I will stick with it for 21 days. If I am not satisfied with the results or do not think I can continue with it, then I will try something new. I CAN do anything for 21 days!!!!!

We also just bought a treadmill and my husband will be putting it together over the weekend. I hate exercise, but vow to do it this time. I CAN do this!!!

I would love a female buddy that is between 50 and 63 years old with at least 75 lbs to lose. I have tried every diet imaginable and have been struggling with my weight since I was a teen. I even had lap band surgery. Nothing I have done has been successful in the long run because I did not change my habits or exercise. Now I am paying the price. I HAVE to do something or at some point I will be in a scooter chair or house bound.

My husband recently lost 85 lbs in less than a year. He walks several miles a day. I know he wants me to get healthy and would like to travel more as a couple. As it is now, I could not do all the walking required to visit Rome or any other place over seas. I am missing out on so much!

If you can identify with me and have somethings in common with me, please let me know.

Replies

• Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    One tip: don't look at the changes you'll be making as a diet plan, but rather a lifestyle change. While sticking to something for 21 days is definitely a start, going in with a mindset that this is for life would be more beneficial to you.
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    One tip: don't look at the changes you'll be making as a diet plan, but rather a lifestyle change. While sticking to something for 21 days is definitely a start, going in with a mindset that this is for life would be more beneficial to you.

I second this!
  • purplegirl15
    purplegirl15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you--yes you can do anything for 21 days!! And then it will be easier to keep at the healthy habits once you've proven to yourself you can do it! I am familiar with the lifetime of weight struggles. I don't have quite as much to lose, but I also find it hard to change my eating habits...I have a big sweet tooth and love to eat so the pounds just stay around even though I am good about walking every day (and telling myself it's at least good for my health even if it doesn't melt the pounds off!). I am technically a "life-time" Weight Watcher member, so I know I CAN do it, but for whatever reason, I've stalled out the past few years and have a "ah-I'll get with the program-tomorrow" attitude that has now lasted for years! Ugghh! Wow, a trip to Rome sounds like a wonderful motivator! You can do this!