A shout out to Egg Yolks!!!?!?!?!?!

Options

Replies

• OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Just limit your cholesterol to between 200mg and 300mg per day and you'll be fine.

Damn, i usually get around 500+ at the least and my cholesterol #'s have only improved.....
  • krislyn84
    krislyn84 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    MMMM... I love eggs. And egg yolks. And hash browns. And gravy.
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    over medium please with homefries and Ezekiel bread nom nom noms!!!
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs (and yolks) Every. Single. Day.

Any pickled egg fans out there? I eat those like a boss.

:heart: Pickled Eggs :heart:

But let's be real... :heart: Picked just-about-anything :heart:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    EGG YOLKS NEED LOVE TOO! :love:

Indeed they do babycakes.....
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Nothings quite as good for you as the sack of food that should have been made to form chicken brains. It's probably the best food to feed our brains, and I give them to my children 3x a week at least. I have 1-2 chickensacks myself every day if I can.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Oh I do love my egg yolks - love it when they're slightly hard but still got a bit of gooeyness mmmmm, know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow...

just gotta decide on poached or boiled now hmmmmm
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Eggy favourites....
    poached egg with runny yolk on English muffin
    Fried egg, chunky chips and baked beans
    smoked salmon with scrambled eggs
    Mmmm...eggses....
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    they also make home made pudding awesome!
  • pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Love egg yolks! It's the best part of the egg, and totally worth the calories. We have our own chickens and they're so good. The other night I had a burger with no bun, just an over-easy egg on top, I didn't miss the bread at all.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Just don't over do the cholesterol and you'll be fine.

eyeroll-o.gif

Yep...there a still a whole lot of people out there that are still misinformed.
  • hpsnickers1
    Options
    I WANT MY OWN CHICKENS!!!

I grew up thinking egg yolk was a pale yellow. Boy was I wrong!!

Nothing like a deep, dark orange yolk from a fresh pastured egg! It's almost a crime to cook it!
  • hpsnickers1
    Options
    Love egg yolks! It's the best part of the egg, and totally worth the calories. We have our own chickens and they're so good. The other night I had a burger with no bun, just an over-easy egg on top, I didn't miss the bread at all.

If you like mushrooms, I was given a nice alternative to hamburger buns. Portabella mushrooms. Just grill the underside and leave the top ungrilled to give it better grip. I haven't tried it yet but plan to soon!
  • hpsnickers1
    Options
    nerd.

I'm too young to be afraid of egg yolks.
    I'm pretty sure that's a 1990's thing.

1990's: "Yolks are baaaaadd." eff that. I love eggs.
    Maybe not on a burger. But I love burgers too.

Eggs have been vindicated. They are the perfect food. Try it on a burger. It's amazing.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options

Since I started eating 2 dozen or more eggs per week, my so-called good cholesterol has gone up and my so-called bad cholesterol has gone down. My "good" is higher than my "bad. I eat the whole egg. 3-5 per day. Fresh from the farm. There is no scientific evidence that dietary cholesterol is linked to your blood cholesterol. Also, Cholesterol is important for your body to produce proper amounts of sex hormones (testosterone, estrogen, progesterone)
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options

Since I started eating 2 dozen or more eggs per week, my so-called good cholesterol has gone up and my so-called bad cholesterol has gone down. My "good" is higher than my "bad. I eat the whole egg. 3-5 per day. Fresh from the farm. There is no scientific evidence that dietary cholesterol is linked to your blood cholesterol. Also, Cholesterol is important for your body to produce proper amounts of sex hormones (testosterone, estrogen, progesterone)

So true!! I love em!
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Love my eggs...I have 2 every morning but gotta say no way do I like'em runny:sick: Bahahaha :drinker:
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Yum! Over medium on a toasted English Muffin or Bagel Thin with a slab of chicken or ham!

I prefer my burgers without eggs because I prefer unadulterated cow :)
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    I have a some leftover shredded chicken in a lite red salsa.................Im going to re-heat that and lay a nice sunny side egg on it.......im gonna pinch the yolk with my fork and watch that juicyness runnnnnnnnnnn
    :bigsmile:
    Yummmm

This will be Saturdays breakfast!!!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I love over easy eggs and scrape up the leftover yolk with corn tortillas. Sometimes I even lick it off the plate. Forrealz.