Is anyone else hungry at work but okay on weekends?

Options
2»

Replies

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    This is me! I want to eat my desk by 11 when I'm at work but on the weekends it's like I have to prod myself to go eat.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I end up hungry at the end of the day during the week. I'm a teaching assistant for elementary and I'm on my feet all day moving, and I don't always remember to eat, or eat enough. By the time I get home my body is like "hey, by the way .. that eating thing, we should totally do that... eat all the things!" I just started my job 6-7 weeks ago, so I'm still finding my balance after being a sedentary stay at home mom. I don't really have breakfast as I seem to get hungrier sooner if I force myself to eat when I'm not hungry at 7am. I do try and eat stuff that is filling at lunch, a quest bar and carrots to tide me over after class, and then by the time I get home at 6pm-ish I don't try and eat the entire pantry. :P

Upside, I am not home with the fridge all day. Downside, I work near a few fast food place and a Starbucks. Sometimes I cave in on being lazy "Oh look, I didn't pack a lunch ... TO WENDY'S!"
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I'm the opposite. Complete opposite.

Me, too. I'm fine during the week. On the weekends though.......bring on EVERYTHING!
  • mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have the same problem. During the work week I feel so hungry all day, and have eaten my lunch and snacks by noon and ravenous when I get home in the evening. Yet on the weekends I have to force myself to eat. I guess on the weekends I'm on the run so much that it's like I'm too preoccupied to eat, but I have a desk job and just think about my food sitting right by me lol
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yep, this has always been my problem. I almost always have the most problems when at work and none at home. I'm a stress eater, a boredom eater, etc., and I can eat while working or (better) when procrastinating doing something I don't want to do, and I basically have a pretty free schedule, which means I end up staying late or coming in on the weekends a lot. Dealing with this (we have lots of free food around always) has been my biggest struggle.

Mostly what I've done is just cut out snacking other than scheduled-in planned snacks and so just tried to teach myself that on rare occasion the stuff around is not for me. It mostly works, but better at some times than others--it's hardest when I'm overly tired or stay late without planning some food and so am at work and down and genuinely hungry.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Me. I think I want to get away from my work projects so I wander off to find a snack. At home I have so many things to keep me busy I don't even think about food. Often I find its 3pm and I didn't eat breakfast OR lunch.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I'm with you OP. The mindless tedium of a desk job gives me the munchies. On the weekend I'm too busy running around to snack.