How do I jump start my weight lose again??? HELP

Options
In the past two years I have lost 70 lbs. I went from 236-165. I still have about 20 lbs to go, but I seem to be at a standstill. I do the 30 day by Jillian Michael 7 days a week. I also stick to a 1200 calorie diet every day (although I do not always hi t 1200). What else can I do to make the last 20 lbs come off quicker? Any help will be appreciated!!!

Replies

• nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    There will be a lot of discussion around the 1200 calorie diet. May will say that you should not go below 1200 calories and you should eat back your exercise calories. I agree with this. Others will argue that they always stay at 1200 calories and continue to lose weight. Since you said you would like to lose the remaining 20 lbs and it isn't happening, then you need to explore ways to switch things up.

Do you know what your daily calorie needs are? If not, fitwatch.com has a calorie deficit calculator that is quite useful. http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/caloriedeficitcalculator.php. If you enter your age, weight, height, and your level of activity, it will tell you how many calories you should be eating (for your body to maintain your current weight). If you want to lose weight, then you would eat a deficit of these calories (15 - 30%). You may want to switch up how many calories you eat.

Another thought, are you eating fruits, vegetables, lean meats and protein? These should all be a steady part of your diet. Your diary is closed, so I can't look at it.

Are you drinking plenty of water? This too is very important.

Are you lifting weights or just doing cardio for exercise? Incorporating weights will help you tone your body (not that I am an expert on this, but I do a lot of reading).

Just my thoughts.

Keep up the great work!!!