Calorie burn question?

I need help guys... I just did a workout video called extreme makeover weight loss edition the workout it is supposed to be low impact but very high intensity which it was... I did the full 80 minute workout and MFP says I burned over 1000 calories for circuit training... should I put it in as a circuit training or as aerobics??? The cover says " kick it up a notch with calorie burning circuits that blast fat"... Someone please help me figure out how to log this I want to be honest about my calorie burn

Replies

• kels1152
    kels1152 Posts: 74
    If you want to be honest about your calorie burn I would suggest that you invest in a heart rate monitor. It isn't 100% accurate but it is much more accurate then using the MFP says you burned since they seem to overestimate everything.
    I wear a polar HR monitor when working out and love it!
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Without a HRM I would log only 70% of the calories listed on MFP just to play it safe.. great burn on the workout thou.. keep it up!!
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    If you want to be honest about your calorie burn I would suggest that you invest in a heart rate monitor. It isn't 100% accurate but it is much more accurate then using the MFP says you burned since they seem to overestimate everything.
    I wear a polar HR monitor when working out and love it!

I agree, I have a Polar FT4, and I got it for under 75 bucks. I love it. Plus it's PINK!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Did your circuits involve weights? If not, stick with cardio.

Honestly, 1000 calories in an hour and twenty minutes is doable. Were you panting and dripping with sweat?
  • chicagospeechie
    chicagospeechie Posts: 33 Member
    MFP has doubled the calorie burn my heart rate monitor actually calculates.

1,000 calories sounds high for an 80 minute work out - most people don't burn 750 calories/hr unless they're working out at a *very* intense level (I can't even get there, personally).