The Hunger Games Challenge - Sign Up

Options
signup_zps817b8466.png
THE HUNGER GAMES – FIGHT TIL THE DEATH CHALLENGE

This is an 8 week weight loss and fitness challenge beginning on April 22.

This challenge is based on the book/film, “The Hunger Games”. There will be 5 teams (4 districts + the Gamemakers). Members of each district are known as “Tributes”. Our districts are as follows:

The Gamemakers (Capitol): The Capitol is the seat of Panem's brutal, totalitarian government and is located in the western Rocky Mountains of the former United States and Canada. The Capitol is surrounded by twelve outlying districts over which it rules absolutely.

This team will be made up of those Tributes who lost their challenge in the Games. All members of this team will continue to compete and provide status updates. The goal for this team, better known as the Capitol, is to recruit as many of the Tributes from opposing districts.

Fishing District: District 4 is a coastal district that specializes in fishing and is one of the wealthiest districts of Panem. Because their industry is fishing, they have experience in using nets and tridents, making fishhooks from scratch, swimming, and identifying edible sea life.

Transportation District: District 6 specializes in transportation, serving as a hub for the transport network. Not much else is known about this district.

Agriculture District: District 11 specializes in agriculture. It is located somewhere in the South and is very large. The people are housed in small shacks and there is a harsh force of Peacekeepers. Many tracker jacker nests were left there, leading the workers to keep medicinal leaves on hand. The district also contained fields of vegetables. The inhabitants apparently have extensive knowledge of herbs.

signupinfo_zpsc120febe.png

1) This is a TEAM and INDIVIDUAL challenge.
2) The challenge will last 8 weeks.
3) You will need access to a tape measure & light weights (or something you can use for weights).
4) All teams will be randomly chosen with the exception of the Gamemakers – you may indicate when signing up if you would like to be a part of this team. Because the Gamemakers' goal is to recruit tributes from other teams by beating the teams every week, we suggest anyone looking for an added challenge should join this team.
5) We are looking for 25-30 people per team (10-15 for the Gamemaker as this team will gain members throughout the challenge).
6) If you want to be on the same team as another member, indicate that during signups. We will do our best to get you both on the same team.

All other information will be disclosed after signups. We will send invites out to the group prior to the start of the challenge so you will have time to review and ask questions.

Can YOU survive the games? SIGN UP NOW!!!!

Replies

• EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to start a new challenge...Sign me up!
  • Marlene_33
    Marlene_33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! I want to be part of the Gamemakers Team!
  • MBNagel74
    MBNagel74 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Got you both entered! :)
  • helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Been waiting avidly for this - sign me up please :happy:

I move house this week and my broadband connection should be in place on the 22nd so all good.
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    SIGN ME UP!!!!!
  • MBNagel74
    Options
    Welcome to the Hunger Games! Got you on the list
  • Jumpingskyline
    Options
    Sign me up! Just started on this sight today. Very excited to see how this goes.
  • MBNagel74
    Options
    Fresh Meat!

Welcome MFP and to the challenge... :)
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    me to
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    All other information will be disclosed after signups.

Ha! Think I didn't know about the whole "killing everyone else" bit?
  • MBNagel74
    Options
    All other information will be disclosed after signups.

Ha! Think I didn't know about the whole "killing everyone else" bit?

LOL :devil:
  • MBNagel74
    Options
    All teams will be randomly chosen with the exception of the Gamemakers – you may indicate when signing up if you would like to be a part of this team. Because the Gamemakers' goal is to recruit tributes from other teams by beating the teams every week, we suggest anyone looking for an added challenge should join this team.

Remember: If you are looking for an extra CHALLENGE, the Gamemaker team is where you want to volunteer to be! It will be a smaller group, and you will need to work hard to beat out all the other teams to force Districts into the games!

This is the only team you can volunteer for as all others will be randomly selected.
  • mytime1986
    mytime1986 Posts: 117
    Options
    Sign me up it sounds fun!!!
  • ravenwork
    ravenwork Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Loved the books! I need a challenge to keep me going. Sign me up!
  • nlepine84
    nlepine84 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Cant wait! So in!
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Definitely interested, yes please!
  • MBNagel74
    Options
    Welcome one and all... Glad you are interested! We have you on the list...
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I'm down
  • LaurenOliver
    Options
    Yes please.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    HMMM, I absolutely loved the Hunger Games, and haven't done a challenge in awhile. Sign me up :-)