When do you start seeing wt loss results?

Options
Hi, I am new here and have been on the site for five days now. I love this because it's really keeping me accountable. I was wondering how if anyone found it takes them more than a week to start showing wt loss. I have weighed myself and at one point I was the same and the today looked and had gained two pounds :O I do feel better though, I feel as though my clothes are already fitting better and I noticed more endurance on my hikes; even my clients have commented that I look like I have lost weight, so I am taking the scale with a grain of salt. How was it for you, did you get immediate results, or did it take a couple weeks before you saw any?

Replies

• CupcakeConnection
    Options
    True way to notice a change is by taking measurements. The scale is not always reliable. If you are working out you can gain muscle which weighs more and yet takes up less space! Hope this helps! :drinker: Cheers to your health... Welcome to MFP!
  • steph2606
    steph2606 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    When it comes to losing weight, everyone is different. Some people lose quicker than others...
    In my first week i lost about 2lbs the first time around (i have recently started up again as you can see by my ticker below!:smile:)

As long as you are logging everything you're eating, and you are within your daily calorie intake then you're doing everything you can... just keep at it and the results will come!! :happy:

(Maybe look at how much salt you're taking in? or Sugar? this can affect your loss!)

Just keep going hun! It WILL happen! :flowerforyou:

xxx
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    You may start to see results in the first week but you also need to know that your body's weight will fluctuate day to day (based on how much exercise you have done/ how much salt you have eaten ect) By weighing yourself every day you will set yourself up for disappointment - weigh yourself once a week, same day same time (ie when you wake up Monday morning)
  • hayleysuel
    hayleysuel Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Totally depends! Each person's situation is so different! If you are working out regularly, eating well & not seeing any results, you could be gaining muscle! That happened to me! When I started on MFP I started working out at the same time. I didn't lose weight for at least a week! Then almost overnight I dropped a couple pounds! Just stick to it & you will eventually see results!
  • jemrie
    jemrie Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks for the replies :) I definitely have to be more patient, also I need to take a closer look at the sodium, it is the one area that I keep falling short of my goal level. I hadn't considered that as something that could be impeding my wt loss because my calories were always in range and I have been consistently working out. Sodium may be my nemesis, I don't add any to my food but due to my schedule I eat out a lot, subway, chipotles etc.
  • LilKatyRed
    Options
    You could do the measurements, but I personally love taking pictures. So every week what I do is stand in front of a mirror with my camera and take a picture of me from the front, right, back and then left [: and every week I'd put the pictures side by side using a collage. It's pretty useful[:
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I did notice a huge difference the first week, mainly because I was so bloated I looked 6 months pregnant! There was huge improvement in my belly in couple of days once I cut out fizzy drinks and junk food. Otherwise so far I've lost 10lb and no obvious difference, my jeans fit looser around the stomach but my bum/legs haven't moved an inch! Still early days though, plus I'm tall so it will take longer to show. Can't wait to see a difference :-)

I agree with taking pictures and measurements regularly!