MFPer's, I need your opinion

Lately I've been feeling cold, like shivering cold, a lot. I'm also quite tired and drained. I've also been eating a larger than usual amount of junk food. Here's the thing, I go a day or two eating pretty clean, then I'm like, "Eat all the junk! Nom, nom, nom!!!"

My question is which is the symptom and which is the cause? Is eating junk leaving me feeling tired and cold or am I craving and eating junk because I feel tired and cold? Or is it something else that I'm just not seeing?

This has been going on a couple of weeks now. I'm baffled because the weather is actually getting warmer, but I feel colder than I did in the middle of winter. I don't get it.

Replies

• _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    How much are you eating on the healthy days? Maybe it's too little cals, esp if you are getting cold.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    I mentioned that before to someone and they told me that if I'm cold all the time it means I'm not eating enough. There could be other things, or it might just be as simple as eating a little more!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    I rarely eat less than 2,000 kcals a day. I'm 5'6" and 133(ish) lbs.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Please go see the doctor.
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Low thyroid is a possibility
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    A poor diet and/or too few calories can make you feel tired and drained, but I don't know about the cold. I eat fairly decent most of the time, but unfortunately, I just tend to be colder than others around me.
  • larryjbird
    larryjbird Posts: 6 Member
    You might want to get your iron levels checked; cold + fatigue were my chief symptoms when I was anemic.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    I took a look at your profile and diary to see if I could spot what might be causing this and it is great you do eat enough and I don't think too skinny is the problem either but you have had a few health issues you meantioned so yes I'd go see a doctor as said before me.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    I had a similar issue with being cold when everyone else was comfortable.

I have noticed a change with that since I've begun lifting, increasing muscle mass and burning away the "skinny fat."

Hope you get it worked out.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    I rarely eat less than 2,000 kcals a day. I'm 5'6" and 133(ish) lbs.

Maybe just take a diet break at maintenance for a few weeks. We all need downtime.