Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

To sync or not to sync...that is the question

So, I just got my Fitbit delivered to me this afternoon. I registered it and put it on so see what it calculates for the night. I'm excited to have my new toy and looking forward to see what kind of data it gives me. I don't know if I should sync it to MFP or not though. My settings are set to the MFP setting. I put in my own so that I can do the TDEE-20%-ish. If I sync it, will it totally mess that up? Should I just keep it seperate and just log food and activity here and on fitbit?

Replies

• fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Anyone?
  • lauren31085
    lauren31085 Posts: 35 Member
    I have no idea, but when the Flex finally ships I'll be in the same boat!
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    No one huh...sigh...
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    I have my synched and I also have MFP set up for a personal calorie goal. I use MFP for food and exercise where I wear a HRM, but let the fitbit calculate the rest of my activity (I take walks 2 to 4 times a day). Works good for me... but its a personal choice. You could try it for a day or two and see if it works for you. If not you can un-synch it. Have fun with it... I love mine!
  • I have mine synced to MFP and the only thing I log on here is my food tracking or any exercising that I do if I don;t have my tracker on. Works great for me as It allows me to keep an eye on how I am doing as for as exercise, calories burned, etc during the day. If I notice that I am not burning enough calories I bump up my activity level.
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    I was following my own goal before I got my FitBit recently. When I got it I decided to change my settings to sedentary and see how FitBit advises me to eat with it synced. The result after almost 2 weeks is I really like using the FitBit assigned calorie goal. I think it is more accurate than the range I was allowing myself. I had chosen a range of like 1600 net or 2000 total and it was working okay. The FitBit assigns around 1800-2000 a day based on my activity. The thing is I think I've been a little more active since getting the FitBit so I am exercising more. I like them synced. I wasn't sure if I would but I thought I might as well try it and see how it goes. If you don't like it you can always switch back.

There is a FitBit users group here on MFP so you might want to check that out to see more opinions there.

Enjoy! I think you'll love it!
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    P.S. I still log all my food and exercise here on MFP with the FitBit synced.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    I've had mine about two week and like having it synced.
    I log any real (HRM) activities on here and use fit bit for the rest. I prefer to follow the fit bit calories as it seems more accurate on my actual activity x