Runners nipple (men)

Options
2»

Replies

• asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would suggest body glide. Also, a compression shirt will eliminate the friction. That's why women don't have this issue; we wear sports bras.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    i was gonna say bandage tape on ur nipples lol... ouch!! ripping it off though

This

I use plasters on my nipples on long distances when I attempt some fitness 100% helps
    Also wear a looser shirt
  • hutchmanz
    hutchmanz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same problem. I switched from short sleeve to sleeveless shirts and it solved the problem completely. Without sleeves the shirt doesn't move back and forth as much irritating your nipples.
  • watto1903
    watto1903 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Compression tops, either run in them or if you feel self conscious, wear one under your t-shirt

i NEVER run without them after a particularly bloody half marathon sore nipple-fest :-(
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Compression tops, either run in them or if you feel self conscious, wear one under your t-shirt

i NEVER run without them after a particularly bloody half marathon sore nipple-fest :-(

^^^^ This

Body glide needs to be reapplied, bandaids & nipguards fall off etc if you're a heavy sweater, a compression top is the only thing that works reliably for me.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Try Body Glide ... I've seen @ running store BodyGlide for Men.

Hopefully it helps. Good Luck and happy running.
  • tjw00
    tjw00 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've tried many many solutions, and not been happy with any of them till i came across a post on the New York Road Runner's facebook page about 2 years ago. I use this solution every day for any run over 5k since then. It's intended to be used on feet, and the bonus is that as a runner you'll probably need it anyway every once in a while.

The product is Dr. Scholl's Moleskin:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EPQ9GY/

I cut them into 2 inch circles. They stick just enough to never fall off, and they are relatively easy to get off after a run (helps if you sweat a lot like me)
  • GI_John_RN
    GI_John_RN Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You can just put deodorant on them as well.