Is it okay to eat 3 eggs every morning?

Options

Replies

• LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Eggs have a lot of cholesterol so you should watch that.

Eggs like nuts are full of the good cholesterol and stick to the whole egg as the yolk is where all the goodness is stored. If you are frying them in oil I'd stick to healthy ones like olive, walnut or coconut oil.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options

Eggs like nuts are full of the good cholesterol. I think 3 a day is fine but if you are frying them in oil I'd stick to healthy ones like olive, walnut or coconut oil.
    No cholesterol in nuts. You probably mean good fats?
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options

Eggs like nuts are full of the good cholesterol. I think 3 a day is fine but if you are frying them in oil I'd stick to healthy ones like olive, walnut or coconut oil.
    No cholesterol in nuts. You probably mean good fats?

LOL yes I did, meant to edit it and forgot what I was doing!
  • cay2810
    cay2810 Posts: 15
    Options
    It's generally fine just keep in mind they will take
    Up a lot of your daily protein and as long as u don't have high cholesterol food throughout the day you may use up your protein allowance for your eggs in the morning :) just balance the rest of the day! And make
    Sure you get fibre
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You may want to consider the oxidation of cholesterol.

Go to work on an egg – every day if you like!
    http://www.nyrnaturalnews.com/food/2013/02/go-to-work-on-an-egg-every-day-if-you-like/
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Up a lot of your daily protein and as long as u don't have high cholesterol food throughout the day you may use up your protein allowance for your eggs in the morning :) just balance the rest of the day! And make
    Sure you get fibre

Three eggs is only 18g protein... That's probably 15-20% of what the average female should be consuming protein wise. I don't really see that as a problem.

I love eggs. I often have 2-3 with one of my meals or snacks.
  • adriennem91
    Options
    you could eat the eggs from trader joe's it's healthier and doesn't have all the cholesterol that regular eggs give.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Some days I will eat 5 Hard Boiled Eggs/no yolk. with something like fruit or something....eggs are your friend.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Get some duck eggs for even more cholesterol. Or pastured eggs for more omega 3s :D
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Eggs are great. I either fry mine in a little olive oil , or if I am having bacon I just use that fat. They do have fats in them, but we need fats. I did some research as I have one extremely fussy 6 year old daughter and a not so bad 3 year old daughter. The oldest one has seemed to have lived on eggs at certain stages. They have everything except vitamin C in them. Like seed , something grows out them. Think of what is required to grow a chick? My girls like omelettes with a little cheese and pepper.

Also had, she does eat other things, but is limited all the same. Anything healthy she likes is a bonus.
  • Rgtjax85
    Rgtjax85 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this. I eat about the same for breakfast on occasion. I like to do olive oil as the oil. I add salsa and some cheddar or four-cheese Mexican style. Got some good info from others on this. I do worry about cholesterol when done every day. My taste buds get bored so I often do oatmeal or cereal to mix it up.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs nearly every morning, I fry them up in rendered pork fat if I don't have bacon grease.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, it's fine! for you.

not for the poor begger whose downwind when you break wind.
    eggy farts are a killer, you selfish cad.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Generally I consume two eggs a day either boiled or fried. I love my eggs, bagel and low fat Laughing Cow cheese for breakfast!
  • ergumm
    ergumm Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My husband has at least 4 eggs a day! If he does the cooking, he has 6! His cholesterol is great! He says its because he's so active. I don't know, but eating eggs doesn't seem to affect him negatively at all! I also eat eggs...when losing weight, they are my turn to food. Them and soup. I don't like salad and want very few carbs, so I go with what works...eggs!!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Sure you get fibre
    Protein allowance? I don't have one. :)
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Yuuuuuuup
  • ashley11scott
    ashley11scott Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I asked my doctor about eating boiled eggs every morning she said as long as We (Husband, me, son age 2) just eat the white and we can have 2-3 yellows pre week each so I safe tthe yellows for the weekend.

Just fry the egg whites and use only a tiny olive oil spray so it dont stick to ur pan.

enjoy!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I do. My cholesterol numbers are great.

Not an issue.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I asked my doctor about eating boiled eggs every morning she said as long as We (Husband, me, son age 2) just eat the white and we can have 2-3 yellows pre week each so I safe tthe yellows for the weekend.

Just fry the egg whites and use only a tiny olive oil spray so it dont stick to ur pan.

enjoy!

doctors know very little about nutrition. his information comes from the 1990s.