Sprints for Fat Loss

Options
Has anyone done sprints for fat loss? I just read an article on bodybuilding.com that said 6-10 sprints of 100 meters was very effective. Has anyone incorporated this into their weight loss plan?

Replies

• acm130
    acm130 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Our fitness goals are likely divergent, but sprints are just another method of incorporating HIIT into yr workout. I use 2:1 and 3:1 sprint intervals in cycling and running and they are incredibly helpful in increasing stamina and endurance. It's my understanding that any type of interval training is beneficial for fat loss. However, I'm not familiar with any compelling data for one form of HIIT over the other as superior for fat loss. But I'm sure if you looked at the websites for Insanity or P90X they'd have some convincing quotes that their program is best:wink:
  • TFWLondon
    TFWLondon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah look at usan bolt!

all he does is sprint and eat chicken :)

seriously though i use sprint work for my classes mixed with weight work look up" training for warriors hurricane" you can burn 500-600 cals in 20-30 mins plus you kick in afterburn where your body burns fat for up to 48 hours afterwards

its a fantastic way to exercise i just need to find it on the database so i can put it on my sheet