What am I doing wrong?

Options
13»

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I was under the impression that if you use Tdee -20% you do not eat your calories burn ....but you do if you do the MFP route
  • kelbwjax
    kelbwjax Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I did! And thanks so much! I feel a lot better now. This is the first time in my life I've ever actually enjoyed exercising and eating a healthy diet. We all have to start somewhere I suppose.
  • Requiembell
    Requiembell Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I was under the impression that if you use Tdee -20% you do not eat your calories burn ....but you do if you do the MFP route

Only if you build your exercise in. I told her not to in order to keep the formula more dynamic, thus more accurate.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    thanks for the clarification .... for a minute there I thought I was doing it wrong PHEW lol
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Dairy is directly linked to inflammation issues. But if you want to write me off as a fad diet enthusiast then that's fine. I'm eating organic/grass fed meats, healthy fats, vegetables, limited fruits and nuts.. only drinking water and occasional tea. I have a laundry list of health problems and am disabled. Going Paleo and strict Paleo has been the greatest gift I could have ever done for myself.

But anywho, carry on. I do agree that you can still lose while eating a wider range of foods and food-like substances. Good luck to you and I admire how much effort you are putting into bettering your health.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get back to being happy with my body a year after having my first baby. I recently invested in a gym membership, and having being going 5 days a week for around a month. I can see that my body is improving visually but not by numbers when I look at the scale. I have started a well balanced diet of mostly chicken, lots of veggies, and healthy carbs. I drink a lot of water, and am using whey protein for breakfast smoothies, and after workouts. I take no explode before workouts. I try to focus on cardio, with interval running and have noticed my endurance, building but I do get bored quite a bit. After running for about 30 minutes, I then do 30 minutes of strength training. I am getting a little discouraged so I have started using slimquick, thinking that may help for faster results. I am not sure why my weight isn't changing on the scale, before baby I had a super fast metabolism, and was actually had a problem with gaining weight. This is really getting me down, and I am thinking I will never be happy with my stomach again :(

It's really really hard to lose weight when you are close to your ideal. And ironically the closer you are the more frustrating it gets when the scale doesn't move. But, it really does take about 6 weeks to notice a difference. I changed one thing in October (eating oatmeal for breakfast) which without me realizing caused me to eat less. I sort of noticed at week 2 but didn't really think much of it. I was just so happy with other things at the time, like improved joint function. Anyway, by the end of November at just about the 6 week mark I could get into a pair of jeans that I couldn't at the end of October. I had probably lost about 10 lbs and half a size. But, that inspired me to keep going and make more changes and that is what I have been doing ever since and now I am here making even more changes.
  • kelbwjax
    Options
    Dairy is directly linked to inflammation issues. But if you want to write me off as a fad diet enthusiast then that's fine. I'm eating organic/grass fed meats, healthy fats, vegetables, limited fruits and nuts.. only drinking water and occasional tea. I have a laundry list of health problems and am disabled. Going Paleo and strict Paleo has been the greatest gift I could have ever done for myself.

But anywho, carry on. I do agree that you can still lose while eating a wider range of foods and food-like substances. Good luck to you and I admire how much effort you are putting into bettering your health.

Not writing you off at all... everyone is different and I appreciate your input. If that is what works for you that is great! And a ton of health can be solved with food, which is amazing. Luckily, I'm fortunate to have never had many health issues, other than gaining access fat while overindulging during my first pregnancy, but I do have to let myself off the hook, going through a deployment and pregnancy is definitely not easy.
  • kelbwjax
    Options
    I am trying to get back to being happy with my body a year after having my first baby. I recently invested in a gym membership, and having being going 5 days a week for around a month. I can see that my body is improving visually but not by numbers when I look at the scale. I have started a well balanced diet of mostly chicken, lots of veggies, and healthy carbs. I drink a lot of water, and am using whey protein for breakfast smoothies, and after workouts. I take no explode before workouts. I try to focus on cardio, with interval running and have noticed my endurance, building but I do get bored quite a bit. After running for about 30 minutes, I then do 30 minutes of strength training. I am getting a little discouraged so I have started using slimquick, thinking that may help for faster results. I am not sure why my weight isn't changing on the scale, before baby I had a super fast metabolism, and was actually had a problem with gaining weight. This is really getting me down, and I am thinking I will never be happy with my stomach again :(

It's really really hard to lose weight when you are close to your ideal. And ironically the closer you are the more frustrating it gets when the scale doesn't move. But, it really does take about 6 weeks to notice a difference. I changed one thing in October (eating oatmeal for breakfast) which without me realizing caused me to eat less. I sort of noticed at week 2 but didn't really think much of it. I was just so happy with other things at the time, like improved joint function. Anyway, by the end of November at just about the 6 week mark I could get into a pair of jeans that I couldn't at the end of October. I had probably lost about 10 lbs and half a size. But, that inspired me to keep going and make more changes and that is what I have been doing ever since and now I am here making even more changes.

I agree with you there, before my pregnancy, I was actually underweight for my height, so that is what I thought my body should look like, tiny. Now that I am a mom, I have curves and I'm not really sure how to handle that, or perceive it. But fortunately I am in the right weight for my height now, I would just like to be at the lower end ! I guess seeing the changes in my body instead of the scale is still a good thing,