taco bell: hard shell vs soft shell

Okay, probably a dumb question.
I'm trying to work out my meal plan for tomorrow and I need to know: which is better for you when ordering at Taco Bell, hard corn taco shell or the soft flour tortilla? I know I should try to avoid fast food all together as it's going to be bad for me no matter what but I kind of don't have any other options for dinner tomorrow. I don't necessarily mean calorie-wise, I just mean nutritionally as a whole.

Replies

• bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Hard shell has less calories, not sure which is better for you "nutritionally" though.
  • MuteFox
    MuteFox Posts: 6 Member
    Crunchy shells have much less calories. If you get the 3 taco meal and order it "fresco style" with crunchy shells and a diet soda, that will come to 450 calories, which is reasonable for fast food. That's what I get!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Hard shells are way lower in calories, it surprised the heck out of me when I found that out. I suppose it is because they are so much lighter.
  • true the hard shell came out lower calories than the soft taco when i had it
  • ashleymcn01
    ashleymcn01 Posts: 108 Member
    True, hard shell is lower calories. Check out Taco Bell's Nutrition breakdown on their website, they list everything for us so we can plan better.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Or go "shell-less" - the Cantina bowl is pretty tasty, too! But definitely check their website.
  • The chicken soft taco has the same calories as the hard shell ones but the beef soft taco has more...
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    You can also ask for ANY taco/chalupa/gordita to be made with chicken instead of beef. :) I usually order the hard shell fresco taco with chicken instead of beef. ;)
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    I used to always get a gordita crunch, very light cheese, no meat, no sauce, and extra lettuce. Soooo good. But then again, that was before I was trying to lose weight.