Is it vegetable day?

Options
Just thought I'd share something funny that happened today. My boyfriend and I were at Walmart on our weekly grocery trip, and had a cart full of awesome healthy food, including bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, asparagus, tomatoes, celery and carrots. When we got up to the cashier, she asked, "is it vegetable day?" And looked at us like she was thinking "what in the world are they going to with all those veggies?"

I got a kick out of it, but now I'm really thinking back at what our shopping hauls used to look like. We used to come home with so much frozen food, the freezer would barely close....burritos, pizzas, ice cream, whatever. Also, tons of ramen noodles, mac and cheese...basically if it was packaged and processed, we bought it. And we might have had the occasional one or two bags of pre made salad mix, but that was honestly about it. On occasion, I'd make a stir fry or fajitas, but just because they had veggies, it didn't mean they were healthy. I was proud of us today, and how far we've come. It really feels good to know we are finally feeding our bodies what they need.

Oh and I loved what my boyfriend said to the girl in response..."Every day is vegetable day!" :happy:

Replies

• oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    That's just so wonderful... and cute. Well done on changing your eating habits so dramatically too. That must make you feel so good. I'm a big fan of veges too. Have to buy them at least 3 times each week just to keep up with myself - can't get enough.
    :bigsmile: