subcutaneous fat (cellulite)

Options
i'm athletic but still big on the bottom half of me (i.e. - thighs and booty). i have a small waste, but will gain weight below. any suggestions on how to lean up more and get rid of subcutaneous fat on inner thigh and hamstring area (including saddlebag area)?

Replies

• no2steph
    no2steph Posts: 8
    Options
    i'm athletic but still big on the bottom half of me (i.e. - thighs and booty). i have a small waste, but will gain weight below. any suggestions on how to lean up more and get rid of subcutaneous fat on inner thigh and hamstring area (including saddlebag area)?
  • loseronpurpose
    Options
    Yes!!!! I hope someone has suggestions. I have the same exact problem! it sometimes feels like I have two different bodies put together; one on top and the other on bottom. :laugh:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I have that same problem, hopefully someone can shed some light I always heard it is by far the hardest to loose.
  • FitKitty
    FitKitty Posts: 46
    Options
    I AGREE.... I feel like have 2 different body types too. As for working out the inches have been coming off of be by upping my cardio (35min @ high incline or high resistance level), and weight training. I dont focus so hard on the lower half (which is my bigger half) I keep it low weight, high reps. For my upper body I do heavy weights, and lower reps.
    I noticed that I am starting to look more like an hour glass than a spoon.

Hope it helps.
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    The only way to change your body type is weight training. It lengthens (by making your core stronger and correcting bad posture) it can actually change hip shape, bust size etc. My aunt has the same problem. She has A- breast size, teeny tiny waist, teeny legs, arms, etc. but big hiney. So she has to keep her weight way down to look remotely proportioned. Although what some think is a big hiney or wide hip is actually spinal birth defects. A curved spine can give a woman the appearance of a bigger toosh. (I saw this on a documentary a LONG time ago) and I was like wow that is true!
    But anyway to get back on topic weight training. Squats, raise squats, lunges, weight ball work to decrease hiney size and also they can help it have a cuter shape and give you a natural lift.
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    actually i have the same problem and is you go to nivea.com there actually is a goodbye cellulite challenge that im doing right now.
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I find that a lot of walking and jogging is the vey best thing to reduce my butt and thigh size, with strength a few days a week.
    I would suggest to keeping up with the strength training, but as prior metioned, don't add too much weight for lower body moves. Do squats and lunges without extra weight for now, and stretch afterwards to keep muslces long and lean. Maybe gradually add weight over time as the muscles become more toned and lean. Also lower body PILATES is great for toning without adding bulk. Sparkpeople.com has a few short lower body workouts that I really like as well.
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/videos.asp