P90X or Jillian Michael's??

rs1177
rs1177 Posts: 124 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all,

I just started Phase 3 of P90X, however last week during the recovery week of Phase 2, I did a few videos from Jillan Michael's (40 minute) Metabloism workout ( can't remember what the video is called)...and I though it was an amazing workout. Have anyone tried both of these workouts and what do find works the best. I have seen some results with the P90X but not as much as I expected. My eating is good all week, but I admit to indulging too much on the weekends. Which starting today, I'm giving up.

I have weight around my middle, and I really want to lose a few more inches there and tone up. We just booked a trip to Cuba for our honeymoon in July and my fiance really wants me to wear a two piece. I have never in my life wore a two piece and I really want to be able to for him!

Anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    I would say do Hip Hop Abs and P90X.....if you are looking to get rid of some of the tummy. Also, watch you sugar and carb intake as it deposits right on the tummy.
    S
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    If you want to incorporate some Jillian with your p90x, I would suggest the 30 day shred. The great thing about the 30 DS is that it is only 20 minutes, but it is a great work out. I just got P90 and want to try it this weekend. (I have to admit, I am a little intimidated) If I like it, I don't plan on abandoning Jillian. I think if you have on demand the 30 DS is on it. If not, 9 bucks at walmart...what a bargain!
  • kltobin2010
    kltobin2010 Posts: 80 Member
    I have done Jillian's 30 Day Sherd (lost 5 lbs) and I am now doing P90X. I'm on Phase 2 of the Classic. I have not lost a lot of weight at all (3lbs in Phase 1), but I have dropped two pant sizes. I suggest sticking with P90X and doing a second round after you complete round one. I know that AB Ripper is a mother, but if you can finish the whole 15 mins of that every other day, you will start to see results for sure. Which workout of P90X are you doing? Classis, Lean, or Doubles? I suggest you do Doubles at your second go around, by July you should see what you expected from P90X. Just a thought! :smile:

KLT
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    I did 30 Day Shred, as well as No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism before starting P90X. I loved them all and they got me prepped for P90X. For your stomach area, arms, etc., I found that NMTZ was best. But w/doing P90X, 30DS would be plenty extra. Agree w/kltobin regarding Ab ripper; that will definitely get you toned in the abs!
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Jillians's 2 newest workouts are more intense for me than p90x!!!!

Cindy
  • rs1177
    rs1177 Posts: 124 Member
    Hi again.
    Pcbta, have you don the banish fat/ metabolism routine? And have you finished the 90x? I find the banish fat routine pretty intense. I think I will finish up the p90x and I"m going to try to add this banish fat video 2 to 3 times a week.
This discussion has been closed.