It's time for me!

Options
Hey there,
My name is Krystal, and i recently left my abusive partner for the last time. I have decided that now it's more than time to get healthy because I am the only thing standing in my own way . I have been watching my calories for about 15 days and have lost about 14 pounds just from water weight and cutting out excess eating. I was eating about 3000 a day from boredom and depression. I follow a 1200-1500 cal diet based on what my doctor has told me and thought it was going to be so hard to do and I noticed that when i am aware of what I eat i have a hard time hitting the 1200 mark but I do it because I am determined to do this healthy and make it last. My children are my life and I hope to get healthy physically, spirituality, and emotionally so I can continue to fulfill my goals and dreams for both them and me. I hope to be able to add a partner to my life later on.
I want to join the banking and finance world in a couple years once my degree is finished. I also kinda wanna show myself that I am worth sum thing cause right now it's a little hard to see it through the clouds. I can't wait to be able to get up in the am and be excited for my day, I cant wait to just have more energy and be able to chase my boys and play ball and teach them how to hit and throw. I want to also learn MMA fighting and kickboxing. I can't wait to go shopping in the "normal" sized stores and most of all I can't wait to show my children that success is possible through work and perseverance.

Replies

• oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi Krystal

Well done for getting yourself out of that situation and starting to focus on yourself.
    You have some great, totally attainable goals and with a bit of grit, determination and time you can achieve all of it.
    If you'd like a friend who's here every single day (even though I'm probably on the other side of the world) and who's keen to cheer you on then flick me a friend request!

:flowerforyou:
  • pinksands143
    Options
    aww Hun I also come from a very abusive marriage. April 1st was 3 years with my freedom!!! You can do it you are worth so much more than that. Keep your head up and take 1 day at a time. Time heals and trust me it gets better. Big hugs to you!!
  • smoootka
    smoootka Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    you go, girl!!
  • ergumm
    ergumm Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I was in an abusive relationship for 10 yrs. Just walking away and putting control of your life back into your own hands is a major step!! Be proud of yourself...you are doing great!! Most of all, remind yourself everyday what a wonderful person you are. Don't ever let someone elses insecurities and mistakes define your life...only you can do that!!!
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hi Krystal

I was in an abusive relationship for a long time, you are strong independent woman and you do this. If I can offer any support please feel free to ask xxx
  • dasa187
    dasa187 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I used to be part of a team who taught self defense to women who have been and we're in your situation. Put MMA at the top of your list as this will build your confidence to a level were no one will ever have that type of control again. It will also without doubt aid you significantly in you goals to loose weight and achieve the body of your dreams. You have shown with your decision to get out of the nightmare now choose to follow your dreams. Given what you have been through I have no doubt you can achieve great things please feel free to add me or message me and will give you as much advice and support as I can. The world is full of bad people but there are more good than bad always remember you are worth it you can do it you will do it.

Kind Regrads Dasa