Jogging on a mini-trampoline

Options
lvbor
lvbor Posts: 50 Member
A plug for mini-trampoline jogging:

I work long hours, usually getting home at or after sunset, and am the antithesis of a morning person so do most of my exercising in the evenings at home. I have a LOT of weight to lose. I started doing the occasional very short jog (no more than 10 min) which I kind of liked, but the last few minutes was pretty much shuffling along. I'd get sore legs well before any big increase in heart or breathing rate, and although I avoided joint injuries in my short jogging career I know it was a big risk given my weight.

So I read up on mini-trampoline jogging (including the safety instructions!) and decided to give it a shot. I bought a mini-trampoline which I can easily pull out for a workout in front of the tv. From the first day I've been able to do 20 minute sessions--twice my previous best stretch--with intervals of full-on running. Not a hint of joint discomfort and while I get quite hot and sweaty by the end, there's no leg soreness afterwards. As an added bonus, I really enjoy it and look forward to my daily jog/run which is a pretty awesome feeling for an obese person :) As I get fitter I hope to move some of my running outside, but this is a good way to get there in the meantime.

Anyway, thought I'd share in case this is useful for anyone else who is interested in jogging/running but held back by the same sorts of things I was.

Replies

• lvbor
    lvbor Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Replying to myself to note something else I've observed: with my legs not bothering me I'm able to focus on my breathing. I'm finding myself running at full pelt with deep, steady breathing rather than being completely puffed out. Cardiovascular fitness has noticably improved in a short period--hurrah.
  • wctruffle
    wctruffle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hope you are still enjoying your mini trampoline. I love mine!