Calling 5'2" girls

Options
1235»

Replies

• Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I've just upped my calories to 1300 as I've been yo-yoing between 131/130 for the past 3 weeks. I'm just curious how much other people who are the same height as me eat and what their activity level is set to, how much weight they lose a week and how much exercise they do... :flowerforyou:

ETA: Please no 1200 wank !

5'0", 124 lbs.

I eat 1300 calories as a base, and eat about half of my exercise calories (on average -- I eat however much I'm hungry for). Exercising 5 times a week, that puts me at probably an average of 1500 calories a day. Losing just fine, though slower as I get lighter.
  • getrealforme
    Options
    5'2" small frame 49 yrs. I eat around 1600 cal, net 1200 calories to lose. I have MFP set at sedentery , and have a jawbone up which is linked to MFP. It tells me exactly how many calories I can eat, and doing it this way I eat back most my exercise calories. I exercise 6 days a week, usually burning 400 cal a day with exercise. Get a fitbit, or jawbone, something to give you a good accurate picture of what your BRM and TDEE are. Mine is way lower than what the online caculator said. Since I have had my jawbone up I have been steadily losing 3 lbs a week. I weigh 110 lbs, goal weight is 103 lbs, so it is harder to get off at this point. When I get to maintenance, I should be able to net 1800 cal day to maintain. When you take the guess work out, and know exactly what your numbers are, it makes everything so much easier. Most people over estimate what they burn, and under estimate what they eat.
  • MACnificence
    MACnificence Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    5'2" small frame 49 yrs. I eat around 1600 cal, net 1200 calories to lose. I have MFP set at sedentery , and have a jawbone up which is linked to MFP. It tells me exactly how many calories I can eat, and doing it this way I eat back most my exercise calories. I exercise 6 days a week, usually burning 400 cal a day with exercise. Get a fitbit, or jawbone, something to give you a good accurate picture of what your BRM and TDEE are. Mine is way lower than what the online caculator said. Since I have had my jawbone up I have been steadily losing 3 lbs a week. I weigh 110 lbs, goal weight is 103 lbs, so it is harder to get off at this point. When I get to maintenance, I should be able to net 1800 cal day to maintain. When you take the guess work out, and know exactly what your numbers are, it makes everything so much easier. Most people over estimate what they burn, and under estimate what they eat.

Wow you've been losing 3Ibs a week , I'm presuming a jawbone is something that monitors the calories you burn in a day ? I just bought a HRM (polar ft7) , do you know how they differ ?
  • MACnificence
    MACnificence Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I a 5'2" and 42 years old weighing 125ish. I am moderately active and eat 2000 gross calories per day. This is a new level for me since I stalled (3 months) at this weight so next week I will weigh again and see if it works. I weighed last week (2 weeks into the test) and saw 122 for the first time ever, but I do not know if that will stick with all the normal water fluctuations I have. We'll see for sure next week.

I'm really curious to see how you get on with upping your calories ! I'm still so unsure if upping my calories is the answer but I seem to be stuck at 130-131
  • getrealforme
    Options

Wow you've been losing 3Ibs a week , I'm presuming a jawbone is something that monitors the calories you burn in a day ? I just bought a HRM (polar ft7) , do you know how they differ ?

Jawbone Up, is similar to Fitbit Flex. You wear it 24/7. I have MFP set to negative calories, so UP tells MFP what I am actually burning, and how many calories I should actually be eating to lose, or later to maintain. It really gets you moving. If you want to eat more, you have to move more. I have literally jogged in place in my living room at night to make sure I net 1200 calories, and do not go over. It really makes you think before you eat something. Is it really worth it? Do you really want to do the extra exercise to work it off? I love it, and it has made a huge difference. Both Flex, and UP keep track of your total daily burn, where as a HRM is better for tracking strength training, cycling, things that you are not just counting steps. Some people use both. I use just the UP, because I don't really care how much I burn during a particular exercise. I want to know how much I am burning total all day, and UP syncs with MFP to give me all the information I need to be successful. After using UP synced with MFP, I can tell you I was so over estimating how many calories I was burning. Flex and UP do not have the display on them. You have to have a computer/and or smart phone for Flex, and UP you have to have a smart phone. Other Fitbits, have an actual display on them, but I like the wrist band better because I wear it 24/7.
  • Aliceof2013
    Options
    I'm also 5"2 at 111lb with a small bone frame. Are you maintaining or losing on your quoted calorie intake?
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently eating 2000 calories. Waiting to see how it goes. I want to lose 1 pound per week, but have been losing 2 all along, so keep upping my calories for the 1500 I started out with.