Is eating white bread every now and then OK?

Options
2»

Replies

• mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Yes you can:). I eat organic sprouted grain bread because it has 5 grams of protein in it. This works for me because later on I drink several glasses of wine which doesn't do much for my macros. As long as you are meeting your calorie goals and protein and fat goals and whatever else you need to keep track of you can eat white bread.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Nope, a sandwich made with plain white bread isn't going to magically derail your weight loss.

If you're missing bread, try this out:

http://www.steamykitchen.com/168-no-knead-bread-revisited.html

I make this stuff frequently. It's easy, it's simple, and it's delicious. You need a lidded pot to bake it in that will stand up to 450º in the oven, cast iron is good for that, and Lodge makes several that will do the job at around $30. The bread itself? I buy my ingredients in bulk, so it costs me about sixty cents per loaf to make, and we're talking about Panera-quality bread here. It's so yummy I recently started selling it to my neighbors!

Just checked out the link:). There may be some white bread in my future after all!
  • whytewytch
    Options
    As the old saying goes, "Everything in moderation". So white bread now and again is fine--incorporate the wheats in slowly, allowing your body to adjust to the different taste. When you deny yourself what you are craving, your body will begin to want it even more, so allow yourself to have things that you want--just in smaller portions if possible.