My ravenous appetite>>Monthly Cycle

Options
It's that time of month again, one week prior to the start of my cycle, when I seem to have an out of control appetite.

::sigh:: I know I'm not alone. Does anyone have any tips?

I've been over my calories for the past 3 days. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Can't wait until this is over.

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I just accept that I may go over, try to keep to my caloric goal & do the best I can. I don't deprive myself though. If I'm feeling particularly hungry, I have an extra helping, log everything. I do the best I can to keep as active as I can & not skip workouts. It's a hole I'd like to slip into when auntie flo comes to town, no doubt, but, hey, shrugs, what can ya do? :ohwell: You'll be arright soon chicky :flowerforyou:
  • ksurya89
    ksurya89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My friend and I went through this exact phenomenon last week when we both saw a surge in our appetites and freaked out about what was happening with our tracking.

We did some research and apparently your body DOES burn a few more calories during the "luteal phase" of your cycle, which makes sense- because there's a lot of work happening in your lower half! But it's not an excessive amount, so it's probably not a good idea to go crazy pigging out on Domino's (which is what me and my friend did... hahaha). This link helped me a lot! http://www.livestrong.com/article/295115-calories-burned-while-on-your-period/

I've basically decided that, since I follow the IPOARM thing now, to just track my calories as I eat them, and if I go over my deficit and meet my TDEE, then my body will just do what it does with the extra and I still won't gain weight. Hope this was a little comforting!