Hairy dieters best recipes

Options
coxy3005
coxy3005 Posts: 2 Member
Was just wondering what peoples favourite hairy dieters recipes are. Has anyone adapted any for the slow cooker or does anyone have any good slow cooker recipes. I always struggle during the week after work as i am too tired to cook and need to fit in exercise in the evening

Replies

• coxy3005
    coxy3005 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chickpeas1
    chickpeas1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My fave are the lemon cupcakes as a low cal alternative. I like the korma to, although it was a little watery, but that's probably my cooking skills!!
  • gillybix
    gillybix Posts: 1
    Options
    The Jambalya recipe is quick and easy especially if you use left over meat, cooked prawns and tinned chopped tomatoes instead of fresh. Instead of ordinary paprika I substitue with smoked paprika and add a little cajun spice....delicious and only takes about half an hour including the prep! My 10 year old loves it and his face always lights up when he finds out what is for tea.
  • carole456
    carole456 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Chicken Jalfrezi is lovely and doesn't take long to cook, we use their recipes at least twice a week and have found them all very tasty:)
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hairy dieters? Well, I guess if I don't shave my legs and pits I probably qualify.
  • Ali2410
    Ali2410 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    the sticky ginger salmon recipe is fab, and i do the bolognaise and use shredded cabbage instead of pasta... cup cakes also great, but im not a fan of blueberries, so i substitute frozen raspberries or frozen forest fruits..
  • mrsjobba2
    mrsjobba2 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Do you mean the hairy bikers diet reciepes? - if that's the case we love the tandorri chicken .
  • bgardiner49
    bgardiner49 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love the lamb, potato and spinach curry (this could probably be adapted to slow cooker) and the Harissa chicken would be a good one for after work - the salad can be made in advance and the chicken takes less than 10 mins to cook (and is delicious). The Spanish style chicken bake (not sure if that is the right name) is lovely too.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    what is a hairy dieter????
  • claire671
    claire671 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    what is a hairy dieter????

More geared towards UK people. Two well know tv chefs who lost a lot of weight through modifying recipes to make lower cal options. The men are known as the Hairy Bikers as that is exactly what they look like!
  • claire671
    Options
    My favourite is the Cajun Chicken and potato wedges. We used sweet potato instead and they came out lovely. I made the stew in a slow cooker and that was great. Not so keen on the meatball one... My friend made the risotto for me and that was delicious! My favourite cook book at the minute.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification! sounds like a fun show!!! wonder if I can find it on line?...
  • claire671
    Options
    Was just wondering what peoples favourite hairy dieters recipes are. Has anyone adapted any for the slow cooker or does anyone have any good slow cooker recipes. I always struggle during the week after work as i am too tired to cook and need to fit in exercise in the evening

I have only just recently dug out my slow cooker and I LOVE it!! My husband uses it for everything: soups, spaghetti bolognese, chilli, stew, cottage pie. You name it, it gets put in there. It all comes out so much tastier too. Good Food have one of those little cook books called 'Slow Cooker Recipes', I've got that and it has some great ideas in.
  • claire671
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification! sounds like a fun show!!! wonder if I can find it on line?...

They're on YouTube. Worth a watch!
  • bgardiner49
    bgardiner49 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love the lamb, potato and spinach curry (this could probably be adapted to slow cooker) and the Harissa chicken would be a good one for after work - the salad can be made in advance and the chicken takes less than 10 mins to cook (and is delicious). The Spanish style chicken bake (not sure if that is the right name) is lovely too.

I forgot my all time favourite: the beef and ale casserole. Would be perfect for a slow cooker and is really tasty
  • helcart01
    helcart01 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My favourite is the lamb tagine...just had it tonight!
  • H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I made the fake lasagne (using leeks instead of pasta) & it was delicious. I'll reduce the sauce next time as I think I overdid it and it lost some of the structure when I cut into it. Easily made 6 portions.
  • MummyMikaela
    MummyMikaela Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My favourite is the lamb tagine...just had it tonight!

I wasn't impressed with it, have you made edits to recipe?
  • whizzlers
    whizzlers Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    bump