Weight loss supplements.

Options
I know that there is no magic pill that will make you lose weight without working for it but I am curious if there is any supplement that any of you would recommend to boost weight loss and suppress your appetite in addition to watching what I eat and working out.
I have set a goal to be 20lbs lighter in 3 months and I just am not very confident that I can do it on my own, so any suggestions or ideas are welcome whether they have to do with the supplements or not!

Replies

• YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I swear by Shakeology. Unlike other supplements it nourishes your body and does not trick it into thinking it is full. It is something I have used to help with my weight loss and will continue to use even once I reach my goal because of the amazing nutritional benefits.
    Risa
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    I have used Advocare once. It worked but it is expensive. It really just curves your appetite. My mom lost 20 pounds in like 4 months with advocare alone. You can only get it through a distributor (like Mary Kay kind of). I can set you up with one if you want!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    See...the thing is--once you start working out on a regular basis your body adapts and gives you that engery you need to do it naturally. In fact, your appetite may increase but it's good because that means your metabolism is kicking in and working. Just my 1/2 cent.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds in between meals with lots of water help me and give me energy. They swell with water and make you feel fuller. Plus they are healthy.
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    can you get shakeology in stores?
  • catfan
    catfan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think you can do 20 lbs in 3 months!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: GO FOR IT!!!!! Then you will be so proud to say it was all your hard work and sweat!!!
  • ZekeandKyliesMom
    ZekeandKyliesMom Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think you can do 20 lbs in 3 months!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: GO FOR IT!!!!! Then you will be so proud to say it was all your hard work and sweat!!!

Awww, Thank you! That makes me feel good!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    And, I agree with Catfan...you can totally do 20 pounds in 3 months. I started Feb 9th and lost 20 pounds by April 19th.
  • Breathe_Glamour
    Options
    Chia seeds in between meals with lots of water help me and give me energy. They swell with water and make you feel fuller. Plus they are healthy.

Hmmm...I'll have to try these. Do they at least taste good? LOL.
  • ZekeandKyliesMom
    ZekeandKyliesMom Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Like the stuff you put on the Chia pets? What does it taste like?
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    How did you lose 25 pounds so quickly?

We were at about the same start weight and I started a month before you.

Any secrets you care to share?