What keeps you motivated?

Options
Hi there,

I've hit a plateau and having a hard time keeping myself motivated to keep going.

What keeps you all motivated when you feel like your weight loss can easily be compared to a snail walking through peanut butter!

Need inspiration asap :smile:

Replies

• kanadian_bear
    Options
    I don't know really. All I know is somehow I just keep going. At this point I have no motivation to continue - yet everyday I still drag my *kitten* to the gym and eat within my caloric macros as much as possible. Guess (for me anyway) I'm just wired to finish what I start.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    A very real deep-seated fear that if I stop doing what I've been doing for the last 16 months, my body will return to the pudgy mess it once was.
    Hi there,

I've hit a plateau and having a hard time keeping myself motivated to keep going.

What keeps you all motivated when you feel like your weight loss can easily be compared to a snail walking through peanut butter!

Need inspiration asap :smile:
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I've been plateaued for 7 months. What keeps me motivated? that one day it will break. They say the closer you get to your goal weight, the harder it is, but nobody told my body what my goal weight is 20 pounds away from what "they" say I should weigh, so how does my body know to shut down? One day, it will break. Just dont revert back
  • mlaz81
    mlaz81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Seeing pictures of what I used to look like....this keeps me motivated that I'm doing what's right for me. So what that I've been at the same weight for a few months, or I've only lost a pound in a month...that's better than going back to what I used to be.
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Looking at pictures of lean, beautiful women.
  • horses7777
    horses7777 Posts: 165
    Options
    I find this quote helpful when I feel like giving up or giving in. I hope it will help you as well.

There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.
  • nicknaxd
    nicknaxd Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks everyone and congrats on all your weight loss!
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Having plans. April 26-28 i will be in a bikini in front of friends.
    April 29, ill be going out.
    May 12 i will be at a party.
    May 30 is my birthday.

I know better than to cheat.
  • adamalle
    adamalle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've been plateaued for 7 months. What keeps me motivated? that one day it will break. They say the closer you get to your goal weight, the harder it is, but nobody told my body what my goal weight is 20 pounds away from what "they" say I should weigh, so how does my body know to shut down? One day, it will break. Just dont revert back

7 months is not a plateau!
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I look at myself in the mirror. Growing up, I never had weigh issues. I was always small. The last 7 years though I have really let myself go, and I hate it. I am only 5'0 and at my heaviest I was almost added on another of me. Up until 21 I was 95lbs, at my my heaviest I was 175.

I think about how I want to be healthy again, and how I don't want to be winded going up stairs! I'm too young for that! I want to have children in a couple years and I want to watch them grow up.

Yes we all hit stages in when we don't lose, but just think about the future outcome!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Knowing how much hard work I put into getting where I am now. Losing over 80 lbs. was hard work and I don't ever want to go back to old habits for good. I am still about 5 lbs. or so away from my goal, but I am happy just doing what I am doing now. I will stay with it because I look good, feel good, and am inspiring others to do the same. That is very satisfying to me. :)