Just a question - no judgements!

Options
2»

Replies

• heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Okay I used to feel just like you! As in secretly thinking I would never post bikini pics. Ever. Way too modest, way too old fashioned, what the hell are they thinking?! The Internet is immortal.

But then weird things happen mentally when you get strong and healthy and your body starts to shock you with it's beauty. You want to celebrate and share and convince everyone in the world to do this too. You want to convince yourself it's really you. And maybe eventually the idea of your bikini pic feels more like something to celebrate than to be ashamed of. :heart:

ETA basically my point of view has changed dramatically and I now admire and want to high five the "exhibitionists" for owning their bodies.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me at all. I don't do it because it's against MFP rules.

I think the body is beautiful even when people aren't perfect.
  • EvilDollee
    EvilDollee Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    18+, all good.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Not posting pics of myself in undies or swimwear. For me, nobody needs to see those types of pictures but me. I have progress photos in my undies for comparison at home.

On MFP, I don't care what people wear, though I'd prefer if MFP mods would make an across the board decision about what clothes are okay to wear in photos. They okay some, but ban others.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    18+, all good.
    Like that's going to stop a teenager from creating a fake account.

I always wonder about what kind of, for lack of a better word, perverts are out there, scanning the website, capable of downloading anyone's pictures, enjoying the view. Just makes me leery all together of posting any pictures, especially in my skivvies.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    18+, all good.
    Like that's going to stop a teenager from creating a fake account.

I always wonder about what kind of, for lack of a better word, perverts are out there, scanning the website, capable of downloading anyone's pictures, enjoying the view. Just makes me leery all together of posting any pictures, especially in my skivvies.

I know those people are out there, and honestly, I don't care. If someone makes it my business by bothering me, I block him.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I don't mind or judge or care if others do that.. Or don't.. But it's not for me... My mom's "bikini shaming" still screams loud in clear In my head...even at 41 now...LOL. It,s a bit pathetic, actually.
  • LorryGuthrie
    LorryGuthrie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I could never do it, but don't mind others that do.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I have two bikini pictures on my profile and I would post underwear pics if they weren't transparent or something. I am self employed, so I don't worry about my boss or anything. If I had a more traditional job -- maybe I'd care more? At this point of the game I am most definitely "don't like, don't look".
  • nicole_andan
    Options
    Hey all thanks for posting, just to clarify again I really have no problem with what other people do on MFP and I really admire a lot of the before and after pictures.

I wouldn't personally for 3 reasons:

1: I can't differentiate in my head between posting a photo of a bikini shot online vs walking down the street in a bikini, I can't control who views me and the way it's perceived once it's out there in either scenarios - that's not a weight issue that's a perception issue. I get the comments about the beach but for me that's a very different scenario.

2. My husband wouldn't like it and as he has earned the right to be a bit posessive about my body by listening to me nag and sheer blood, sweat, tears (and because if I asked him not to I would expect him not to) and by putting a ring on my finger I think he deserves that respect from me. (If your Significant Other doesn't mind then that again is totally personal to you)

3. I work in an environment where certain pictures of me could be detrimental to my safety or to my career.

IMO as long as you're happy posting the pics and you do so in a mindful way then feel free to post away!!! I'll always have a look and applaud your bravery and your hard work!!!!!
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    you do what you want to do. Enjoy. Personally, I don't even like wearing a bikini in front of my family. I feel like I'm showing too much off, and I feel very uncomfortable. I have no issue if someone else wants to flaunt the goods... but do it in a classy way.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    If I lived by myself, or with my fabulous Italian, mute pool boy Paolo (who only exists in my head), I'd be naked every day.

I do live by myself, but not in a nice warm climate, so clothes are a good thing.

I had to quote your "MUTE pool boy, Paolo" ....I agree with the no-talking rule. :tongue:

And, no way I'm putting pics of myself on any internet site in underwear. Once they hit the internet they are out there for eternity to anyone who wants to use them. Think about the consequences.

A little background on Paolo: he's tanned, toned and totally mute, therefore not able to contradict or argue with anything I say. He does, however, take great direction and looks great in a leather sarong while he fans me with giant palm fronds and feeds me frozen grapes while I rest in my beach chair poolside in an Italian villa.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I don't care what other people do, but I'm never going to post pics in my lingerie. That's for my man.

Now, bikini shots or anything I'd walk around in public in, I'd post for everyone here to see. My back muscles show just as good in a cute sports bra as they do when I'm naked, but again, I get naked for my man.

That's just ME. Everyone else, expose as much as you like. I don't care what you do. :happy:
  • rotill
    rotill Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    It's just bodies. As long as you're not engaging in specifically sexualised acts or displaying yourself with deliberative provocative intent, it's the eyes of the beholders that make naked bodies sordid, perverted, indecent or offensive. Of course, it's not nice to walk around nude in a stranger's household if you know they have issues with nudity, but if somebody insists on looking in my window and happen to see me get a glass of water in the kitchen without clothes on - well, it's their problem if they get offended. They can just look in some other direction, and not into my private space.

As for wearing a bra - a bra that covers as well as a bikini top is a bikini top up until somebody starts yelling about it being underwear. If you don't want your boyfriend to carry with him the image of a friend in the underwear, don't draw attention to it.

Would I post pictures of myself in a bikini? If I felt more confident about my body, yes, no problem. As it is, I don't think anybody need to see all the loose skin on my belly. If I had smooth skin and killer abs though, I'd flash them with great pride!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I don't care what others do, that is strictly their call. But for me, being age 58, you are not going to find any pics of me on the internet anywhere in a swimsuit or undies.

Something tells me that my partner probably wouldn't want me to do it either. Also, I would hate to end up scaring someone to death.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the context. I have features/pictures on several fitness websites in a bikini or underwear, but they're professional and tasteful.

IMO, a selfie in your lingerie posing provocatively is entirely another matter. My general rule is to ask myself if my husband, brother or parents would think it was embarassing or risque.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    IDK, I'm kind of a hippie. Skin is skin, bodies are bodies. We all have them. And we all have "private" parts that everyone has either seen on someone else or has a set of their own. Do I want a girl friend to come over and traipse around in the nude? No. But there is a time and a place for everything. This is a fitness site where people want to show off their hard work. I say, don't like it, stay out of the "Success Stories" board all together! Haha. I fully plan to take a picture of myself when I'm done, and it will most likely be done in a sports bra and a small pair of shorts. I don't agree with the whole "what if your employer saw it" thing. If they did, it would be easy to explain.
  • theseus82
    theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Other people do what they're comfortable with, and that doesn't bother me. But in all my progress pics, I wear enough clothes that I could post them online without embarrassment. I took progress pictures initially just for myself, but after losing 90 pounds, I decided to throw them online. I was always motivated by other people's progress pics, so I decided to post mine as well.

Anyone who wants to see mine can go here:
    http://s596.photobucket.com/user/theseus82/library/Progress Pictures?sort=6&page=1
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it on here. What goes up on the internet stays on the internet! And there are a lot of weird people on the internet...
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I have no shame-so i dont really care. heck, i wash my car in my driveway in a bikini.
    As far as underwear-my bikini covers considerably more skin than my underthings.

I would totally do the same if I had the body. I think it is fine to wash the car in a bikini, when I reach my goal, as long as my husband is the only one I take it off for afterward. :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: